Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintinland: The imaginary theme-park

Page  Page 8 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

jock123
#71 · Posted: 9 Sep 2005 17:17
The management substitute a vegetarian hot-dog for the less palatable canine variety in the Café Klow booths you will find throughout the park (look for the sign of the golden taches), so you don’t have to worry; they are low in fat and sodium free, so you can be assured of their safety…
SaraSoliman
#72 · Posted: 12 Sep 2005 15:00
I'm new here, but I'd like to say this, I want a Tintin land, we all want a Tintin land, why not try and make it true? I'm not saying I'm capable, but whoever can, start! How about a petition, if we all sign a petition, dreams might become a reality. A petition, an idea or suggestion box, anything! We all have ideas, now we can make them come true!
jock123
#73 · Posted: 14 Sep 2005 15:46
It’s a nice idea, Sara, but I fear that even with the combined might of the members here, there isn’t any real hope for a petition swaying the powers-that-be to actually make a Tintinland happen unless the economics make sense.

As Lego have had to sell their interests in the Legoland chain, and Disney is barely scraping along with their theme-parks (they have apparently millions, if not hundreds-of-millions of dollars worth of renovations waiting to be done in the U.S. Parks alone which they just can’t afford to do), I’m not certain we’ll see a real-life counterpart to the imaginary park here anytime soon…
snafu
#74 · Posted: 14 Sep 2005 16:53
It’s a nice idea, Sara, but I fear that even with the combined might of the members here, there isn’t any real hope for a petition swaying the powers-that-be to actually make a Tintinland happen unless the economics make sense. ~jock123

We could make Tintinland a corporation and sell stocks and bonds to people on the market and encourage them to invest in us by promising to make our venture a profitable one (using solid data of Tintin merchandise being successful and showing how much we really have in common with those other vendors). That way, we could bring in a wider pool of financiers... Long story short, with good marketing, we might be successful...
jock123
#75 · Posted: 14 Sep 2005 17:22
snafu
Long story short, with good marketing, we might be successful...

Of course that’s always true, but I think you’d be looking at billions to do something of any size, and as I said if Disney (no slouches in the marketing department, and owners of the world’s two most recognisable characters - Pooh and Mickey) can’t make a go of it, I’m not sure that Tintin would fair any better at the curent time, and not in the hands of amateurs…
snafu
#76 · Posted: 14 Sep 2005 17:41
I’m not sure that Tintin would fair any better at the curent time, and not in the hands of amateurs…~jock123

I originally also meant getting professional consultants to make a for-profit exhibition in order to get outside investors. But if large theme parks are not a profitable industry, then a Tintinland would really be a long shot...
number1fan
#77 · Posted: 28 Apr 2010 17:45
Tintinland would be great but the downside could be all the robots there go back to factory settings à la Westworld - they could be set to crush, kill, destroy.

I did want to go to Parc Astérix, but it’s quite far from Paris.

A Tintin-themed park would be so cool. If that happened they can close down Disneyland Paris right now.
Abdullah007
#78 · Posted: 29 May 2010 04:38
It would, of course, have to be in Europe, perhaps in Belgium. In Australia, or the US there aren't quite as many Tintin fans to give it the shine, if you know what I mean. I believe there is a website where you can start a petition, sort of like survey-monkey - perhaps one of us should start that up?
jock123
#79 · Posted: 29 May 2010 13:45
Abdullah007:
It would, of course, have to be in Europe, perhaps in Belgium.

I think more importantly it would have to be where people want to go on holiday - as Paris was chosen for Disney, and Astérix is there too, that might suggest you’d get the traffic there. Somewhere warm and sunny would also be an option - I know that Disney and Universal both looked at the south of Spain as being good for weather.
Abdullah007:
In Australia, or the US there aren't quite as many Tintin fans to give it the shine, if you know what I mean.

Well Australia is unfortunately a bit far for most people, and may not have a population big enough to sustain a major park on its own. But the U.S. is certainly a possibility, given the marketing the film is going to get there, plus the fact that Europeans are already going on park-specific holidays anyway (many thousands of people go on holiday “to Disney”, say, rather than visiting “the U.S.” and taking in the Grand Canyon), and that could be a market in itself.
I’m inclined to think that with the advent of the Harry Potter-themed attraction at the Universal Islands of Adventure in Florida, it might be possible for a Tintin-styled area there, or the Studio parks at the Disney sites…
Abdullah007:
I believe there is a website where you can start a petition, sort of like survey-monkey - perhaps one of us should start that up?

Well don’t let me stop you, but I can’t see that it will achieve anything really: if the figures are right, and the money men see a future in it (remember that even Disney doesn’t have the money to operate its over-seas parks - these are operated on a franchise basis by groups of financiers), we might get something, otherwise it can’t really happen - but good luck!
Rianna Lauren
#80 · Posted: 21 Jun 2010 10:38
Now there's a brilliant idea. :D I want a TintinLand. :) Now if only we can make it real...

Page  Page 8 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!