Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

E.P. Jacobs: "The Yellow 'M'" film adaptation?

Harrock n roll
#1 · Posted: 4 Mar 2004 14:46
I just discovered that "The Yellow M" is to be released as a live action movie in October 2004!
It's an Anglo-french production, and the title appears to be in English on French movie sites.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 25 May 2004 23:26
I would love to see it too! I think The Yellow 'M' movie stalled in pre-production last year, if not earlier, so it's nice to think it's going again.

They had announced a lot of shooting to take place round Museum Street and other central London locations, then they lost the funding, or something.
I like to think they had picked up the finance again, but it isn't showing as a coming film in Rufus Sewell's biog on imdb.com, so I guess he's off it?
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 24 Feb 2006 21:37
I've been wondering recently what's happened to this film. It was first announced in 2002, was coming soon in 2004, and then... nothing!

I noticed recently that the IMDb site has it listed now with a 2006 next to it.
The actors Rufus Sewell, Hugh Bonneville, James Caviezel and Li Gong (or Gong Li if you prefer) are still listed as cast. Has this really sunk without a trace and the information just repeated from some old source?
Or is it likely to appear this year? Anyone know?
jock123
#4 · Posted: 19 Dec 2008 12:58
And so the story rumbles onward...

It’s apparently back on the cards, with Kenneth Brannagh pencilled in to be Francis Blake, and John Malkovitch as Olrik and a date of 2009.

I know that Brannagh’s attachment to the Marvel Thor film has apparently led to the making of the next three Wallander TV films being postponed from 2009 to 2010, so whether he can fit in Yellow M as well remains to be seen.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!