Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Alph-Art: Tintin and Martine

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

jock123
#51 · Posted: 12 Sep 2016 23:38
Buttons4me:
it's not a common accurance in Tintin, that a girl asks him to dinner to meet her parents.

No, that isn't Hergé, that was fan fiction; in the version of the book by Hergé (which doesn't get anywhere near having an end) it isn't even clear that Martine Vandezande is a young girl - she could easily have been meant to be a middle aged or old woman.
As I said way back in the thread near the start, we can't rule anything out for the book, and Hergé may have had all sorts of plans for her. However, we also can't count anything in either, so the possibility of a romance just doesn't come from anything which has been published from the original material by Hergé.
KiaraChang
#52 · Posted: 6 May 2018 08:29
Jelsemium:
I have a theory about Martine Vandezande that I haven't seen posted. I think she was going to turn out to be Tintin's long lost sister.

Wow wow wow, what a brilliant idea! How could I never think of this before!
I thought Herge might have thought about putting Tintin and Martine together because the sketch of those two looks too similar.(Both have round faces which are different from rest of the characters.)Because I strongly believe that best couples often looks like each other. However I don't think it's a good idea to find Tintin a girlfriend. At least not in this state. And your theory perfectly solved the problem! Bravo~~

Page  Page 6 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!