Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Land of the Soviets: Will a colour edition be released? [Locked]

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

mct16
#21 · Posted: 16 Jun 2015 22:24
Moved from this thread: New Authorized Tintin Adventure Coming - in 2052!

Lochlomondwhisky:
the possibility that Soviets might be given a colour treatment

I've always thought that colouring strips which were originally in black-and-white ruined a lot of their charm. American publishers are doing this with old classics such as "Peanuts", "Doonesbury" and "Mutt & Jeff" and somehow they do not feel quite as appealing. It can be like watching an old Charlie Chaplin film in full digital colour! When such a film was broadcast a few years ago, I altered the TV colours in order to make it black-and-white again. Too bad you cannot do it with newspaper strips.

Just not the same.

Moderator Note: To avoid drawing the original thread too much off course by diverting into the rights and wrongs of colouring Soviets, your message has been moved here where it can join the rest of the discussion on that topic.

The Tidy Tintinologist Team
number1fan
#22 · Posted: 11 Dec 2015 10:53
In the past it might have been something which I would have been enthusiastic to have, but now I see no point in a color version.
Many years ago film studios colorized perfectly fine black and white films like Casablanca, but it just gives the effect of Bogart looking sick; it doesn't do justice and doesn't feel authentic.
jock123
#23 · Posted: 14 Dec 2015 09:00
number1fan:
Many years ago film studios colorized perfectly fine black and white films

The difference here is that "many years ago" Hergé himself didn't object to the "colorization" of all his other "perfectly fine" black and white albums; the reason that it wasn't put into colour was that he'd had it withdrawn for most of its existence, rather than the idea of it being in colour was a stumbling-block.

While I agree that the quality of many colorized films wasn't great, the quality of the albums didn't go down when they went from black and white, so personally I'd wait and see what was on offer before I made up my mind.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

This topic is closed.