Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Land of Black Gold: Single pages from Swiss magazine serialization

roru
#1 · Posted: 11 Oct 2018 15:10
Hi,

I have an album of bound single-pages from a Swiss magazine from 1958/1959. I don't know the name of the magazine.

The story is "Land of Black Gold", in German ("Im Reiche des Schwarzen Goldes"), printed in black and white.

In every issue of the magazine, one page of the story was published.

It is complete, total 61 pages. First 2 pages have a rip. Rest look still very good.

I have no idea, if this collection is of any value? What do you think? Is someone of you interested?

I can send you images if you want - write to r>at<rutishauser>dot<info [change the words in chevrons back to the appropriate symbol]

Cheers
Roger
jock123
#2 · Posted: 11 Oct 2018 22:25
Hi Roger! This sounds interesting.

I can't find any reference to a Swiss serialization in the fifties, but have seen in the German Wikipedia article that there was such a run in the Schweizer Apotheken Magazin [Swiss Pharmacologist's Magazine] between May 1975 and June 1976 - I wonder if that is the same thing? Might you be mistaken about the dates?

I'd be interested to see pictures, and if you don't mind, I can post them on our Facebook page and link back from there to here. You and reach me through the site at this address: simon>at<tintinologist>dot<org [using the usual symbols: the words are just to make it harder for bots to harvest e-mail addresses].
roru
#3 · Posted: 12 Oct 2018 10:04
jock123
Hi jock123
Thanks for your reply. Yes, please post them on facebook. I deleted my account a year ago so i don't have access.
Sending you the images in a few minutes...
I have also read the Wikipedia article. It is not from the seventies. It is definitely from '58/'59 as there are several "Lotto" game adverts stating the current year. Also, the comic is not the "updated" version, differing in some images and also text.
cheers, Roger
jock123
#4 · Posted: 12 Oct 2018 23:42
Hi! I have posted the images here - if anyone wants to take a look and come up with an identification...?

Update: It's still not entirely certain, but opinion on the Facebook page seems to be swinging towards a magazine called Miggis Kinderpost, a precursor to the later Tim magazine, a German-language version of the Tintin magazine.

Not certain why they would have included the football pools, but times were different, I suppose!
Geoff
#5 · Posted: 15 Oct 2018 13:51
Hi,

"Im Reiche des Schwarzen Goldes" was published in Die Schweizer Hausfrau in 1958-1959.

I hope this helps.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 15 Oct 2018 19:12
Geoff:
I hope this helps.

To be precise - absolutely! ;-)

Thank you for that, Geoff - I think you have to have got to the bottom of the matter! Have you come across this before, or found a reference to it somewhere? I ask, so that I can alert the sleuths on Facebook of your answer, and if possible point them in the right direction for further information.
roru
#7 · Posted: 15 Oct 2018 21:17
Dear jock123: thank you very much for your efforts, i really appreciate it!!
Dear Geoff: Thank you also very much for giving me this information. This makes sense. Do you have any further information on that? I mean, is it rare? Can I sell it for much money?? :-)
Geoff
#8 · Posted: 16 Oct 2018 22:25
Hi jock123 and roru,

The publications of Hergé's work in German (in Germany, but also in Switzerland, Austria, etc.) have been the subject of an excellent book, namely : Hergé - Eine illustrierte Bibliographie (2007).

No, it is not very hard to find an issue. But, in my opinion, a complete binding is already more so.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!