Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Calculus Affair: Hôtel Cornavin, Geneva

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

BlackIsland
#11 · Posted: 30 Mar 2005 17:02
Well the Calculus Affair is the best book in my opinion. I still love reading that story. It would make a wicked movie.
jock123
#12 · Posted: 30 Mar 2005 22:24
OJG:
In earlier stories (where we see much more of Tintin in Belgium, or at least I think it is), Hergé didn't go to anything like as much trouble to ensure how accurate his drawings were.
Not really true - Hergé was always taking pains to make sure that things were accurate - realistic perhaps not so much, but always basically accurate! From reading up on the politics of Russia, to putting in a readily identifiable (to petrolheads at least) Amilcar, even a book like Soviets required research, and was looking for a sense of the time and place.
His style became more refined as the adventures went on, but his attention to detail was there from the start.
As has been mentioned above, he did choose to start toning down the specifics of Brussels as a location, but even in doing that (taking the sign off the façade of the Hôtel Metropole in the book version of Seven Crystal Balls is one of the famous ones), it's still easy to identify where he was drawing.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!