Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Identification Needed: Tintin in chair with Snowy

robert_w
#1 · Posted: 1 Nov 2019 16:23
I've got a hold of a Tintin, in a chair with Snowy, but I have no idea if it's an official or fake.
Any identification seems to be gone on bottom.

Some pictures of it can be found here:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
jock123
#2 · Posted: 3 Nov 2019 01:08
To be honest I am no expert in such things, but the signs aren't great for this being genuine merchandise.

It is similar to, but not identical to, a genuine resin statuette produced (I think) by the firm Pixi,of which there may have been more than one edition, as sometimes I've seen it pictured with a model standard lamp with it (which may actually work as a light, I'm not certain).

However, the quality of the paint job, and the sculpting is of a higher quality in the Pixi version, and done to a much smoother finish than the one in your photograph.

I have also seen that that the underside of the Pixi version was painted, and featured a square hole, unlike the round hole here.

As I say, I'm no expert, so you might want to have it checked out by an auction house or dealer in these statuettes, as a genuine one could fetch somewhere around the € 2,000 mark (this may be a figure one would only get with box, paperwork etc., I don't know, but it came up in a sale I managed to track down), but I am afraid that this looks like it may be a copy or someone's home-made version of the same pose.
robert_w
#3 · Posted: 3 Nov 2019 08:25
Thanks for the elaborate reply jock! I was indeed "afraid" it was a copy or homemade version.
I got it for a bargain and we still love it as a piece of decoration and I would never intend to sell it as an original. :)

Next Tintin purchases will be from official resellers or 2nd hand with certificate to support the creators.

Cant wait to get the Lotus Bleu vase, or the 30cm rocket! :)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!