Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Spy Seal by Rich Tommaso

Rhods1989
#1 · Posted: 10 Feb 2023 21:40
Has anyone read Spy Seal by the American cartoonist Rich Tommaso? I've just ordered a copy of The Corten-Steel Phoenix and looking forward to reading it! Seems to have got great reviews, being an espionage thriller set in the 60s with anthropomorphic characters. It makes no secret of being inspired by Tintin and apparently has several nods to the series throughout the book!
Balthazar
#2 · Posted: 14 Feb 2023 17:03
Thanks for drawing our attention to this, Rhods1989. I hadn't see this series or this author-illustrator before, but from a look at a few sample pages on line, it looks good – with deliberate Hergé references and homages as you say, whilst also having its own original style, characters and story, of course, rather than just being a Tintin pastiche. I've ordered a copy too and look forward to reading it when it arrives!
Rhods1989
#3 · Posted: 18 Feb 2023 11:06
No problem! I haven't managed to start reading my copy yet but would be interested to know what you think! It looks brilliant though.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!