Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q193: A lovely answer :)

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

toydreamer
#11 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 14:12
Great answer. But doesn't fit in as snuggly with my (triply revised) question as the actual answer does. A hint, before i hit the sack is that it's a different type of "pick". Sorry about the frustrating question people.
Ranko
#12 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 14:26
OK my go. Extreme long shot time.

Could it be the 'pick'(as in pickaxe)that is used by the Captain to dig for Red Rackham's treasure on the uninhabited desert island?

Something lovely... The treasure?

Sometime later...
Oh dear, I've just read this again. That was quite possibly the worst answer I've given!
Balthazar
#13 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 21:57
It's not that bad an answer, Ranko. I was already wondering which book I should look in to count pick-axes when you posted it. I'll have to think of something else for my attempted answer.
toydreamer
#14 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 22:24
Great try, Ranko. You're on the right track.

I'm giving my clue now.

I know the answer is a headache and just when you think you've got the number there's one more to add.
Ranko
#15 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 22:32
I know it, toydreamer.

However, I've already answered :-(

Cheers, Balthazar. It wasn't that bad after all.
toydreamer
#16 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 22:39
Not quite.

The answer is a number. Frame's and book would be nice, but not necessary.
tuhatkauno
#17 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 22:40
Hi,

So do I. I picked the wrong one out of two alternatives. "Lovely" made me choose roses. :-)
alvarolino
#18 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 22:57
Would the answer be the 17 coconuts that fall over Captain Haddock at page 53 in Red Rackham's Treasure?
toydreamer
#19 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 23:05
Nice one! It is indeed the coconuts that fall from the tree on Captain Haddock.

The "Pick!" bit was the pick and the ! was the thump into the tree.

"The Lovely Answer" was a lovely bunch of coconuts.

Sorry about the few edits at the start to get the question on track, but i was wanting to put up a hard one for all you guns out there. Hope i got people thinking.

Over to Alvarolino for next question and a point.

Super answers by tuhatkauno and Ranko! Great stuff.

And, Borschtisov, you were quite correct about the hardness of the original posting. Thanks for pointing that out. The question, after a few edits, was a lot better. Cheers
tuhatkauno
#20 · Posted: 24 Apr 2007 23:31
hi

I'm not after a point and I'm satisfied with the judgement. :-)

I don't know the semantics well enough. Could someone explain why "picked" roses (Emerald, 57) or "picked" (lifted) 13 rumbottles, 12 on the table and the one Archie drank immediately after picking it (12 + 1), are not "pick" or "picking".

My dictionary (Webster) was loaded of different meanings of "pick" and i got an headache when searching them. This is no big deal, hooray to ManU and good night. :)

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

This topic is closed.