Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Q198: Find the connection

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Balthazar
#11 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 19:25
tuhatkauno
I think Labrador gave the first good answer though it wasn't the one you had in mind.
Personally, I think Emerald was within her rights to reject labrador's answer. (Sorry, labrador, but you know I support your answers when I think you do have a fair point!) In this case, I can't see how the fact that Igor Wagner happens to share his first and second name with the first name and surname of two different real people (surely the case with most characters in the books!) really makes him connected to a character whose visual appearance is based on Hergé's wife.

As for the argument about whether the woman who supports the fainting Castafiore is a "lady", I think this may simply be a language misunderstanding, tuhatkauno. In English, the word lady can simply be another word for woman; it doesnn't have to mean an aristocratic title. So surely any of the women in that room (apart from Bianca) could be described as a Syldavian lady. Or have I misunderstood what you were getting at?

Sorry for sticking my oar in, but hope it helps. :-)
Emerald
#12 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 19:46
It was a good answer. I'll leave it up to the mods. Labrador's answer was very good so probably deserves a point. Though there are other characters more based on real life people. But then I should have stressed the unique situation element in the connection.

Sorry for the confusion.
tuhatkauno
#13 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 19:54
Thanks Balthazar

I tought the "lady" refers to Muskar's wife. If that is a presupposition, there aren't many possibe answers left. From that point of view Labrador's answer is good, but you are right, it is vague as well. But Igor Wagner is invented intentionally, the reference is obvious. Is that so in every case? ("Boris" Becker? Jeltsin? Pasternak? Mihailov?)

I apologize, I misunderstood the meaning of the word. Sorry Emerald and Toydreamer. Forget what I said. It's better to keep my big mouth shut sometimes. :-)
Emerald
#14 · Posted: 27 Apr 2007 19:56
I should have been more specific ;-)
toydreamer
#15 · Posted: 28 Apr 2007 06:25
No worries. I'm getting used to it ;)

I'll get on with a question :)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

This topic is closed.