Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Franco-Belgian comics in English

Page  Page 12 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12 

jock123
#111 · Posted: 23 Aug 2019 19:46
mct16:
Actually, Dargaud's chronology has "Meteors" just before "Voronov", "Sarcophagi" and "Gondwana" all of which include Olrik as out of prison and very active. In "Testament" he is in Wandsworth prison in London (after "Gondwana") rather than the Sante in Paris.

Ah, yes of course, then that makes sense! I'd mis-remembered the activities of Olrik (his cunning disguise in Gondwana obviously fooled me! ;-)). Good excuse to re-read them!

I agree that the three Paris books could be taken as a loose trilogy, but your point about which prison he's in and when is definitely an even bigger observation, and a plot-hole in the making - perhaps you need to write to Dargaud and point this out?

My thinking had been that it could be considered unnecessary to alter Jacob's timings, but it would be better to think of your re-structure as setting the "new" books further back, rather than bringing Meteors forward.
george
#112 · Posted: 18 Sep 2019 10:23
mct16:
[...] the latest Blake & Mortimer adventure, "The Valley of the Immortals", is a direct sequel to the very first story, "Secret of the Swordfish", and takes up where many scenes leave off. :)

There's a long item over at The Comics Journal which uses this album's publication as a jumping off point for all things Jacobs, including his colour sense, his relationship with Herge, and his personal background. There's also a link to Jacobs being interviewed on TV which in turn links to a number of Herge appearances.

George
Balthazar
#113 · Posted: 18 Sep 2019 19:05
Thanks for flagging up and linking to that article, George - a really interesting read!
george
#114 · Posted: 27 Jan 2023 15:34
While I ponder on what to have for my tea tonight I've run a quick Amazon 'fish' and see that Cinebook have the following series lined up for late 2023:

Redbeard
Michel Vaillant
Rin Tin Can

The slight catch is that, at least in the case of the first two named series, we're not talking about the 'classic' runs, we're talking 'New adventures'/'Legendary Races'. So the Barbe Rouge pair are from 2020/21, and Michel Vaillant from 2022. The Rantanplan book is from the 80s. Given they've burned through the existing Lucky Lukes I suppose this is a logical next step.

I'm not familar with Europe Comics digital output but I am aware that a portion of Cinebook's publications are Digital First so this may just be that the hard copies are finally landing.

Maybe I should have fish?

George

Page  Page 12 of 12:  « Previous  1  2  3  ...  10  11  12 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!