Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

How to create a comic book?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

mrkarabine
#11 · Posted: 8 Jan 2012 02:43
Thanks Balthazar and Jock.
I figured the inked page size from the photograph of his desktop in Goddin's book. There are a number of items on the desk adjacent to an inked page, including his glasses. I figure the width of the glasses on his desk would probably be 12cm, like mine, and went from there!
The later line was nice but I prefer the line from the period Prisoners of the Sun to the Calculus Affair.
I really don't like the small albums either, it really changes the books...
Are there any posts on the Jacobs colour method here?

--

Yes I am sure you are correct, not everyone uses the same method.
With Herge it seems impossible to see any faults in his line, although rereading his English versions I can see some typological errors!
There certainly is a difference between the Calculus Affair and the Red Sea Sharks. I prefer the former. Do you think the inked page size was a smaller page on The Red Sea Sharks?
Are there any articles here on the cinematic development of Herge's books? For instance the use of eye view space and placement is different in the Picaros and Castafoire, than say Crab.

--
Moderator action: combined 2 consecutive posts.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!