Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Ronald Searle at the Cartoon Museum, London

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

MrCutts
#11 · Posted: 27 Mar 2012 23:30
I saw the Searle exhibition at the Cartoon Museum. I could have stayed there all day. I do a bit of illustrating in a cartoon style and It's great to see original cartoon work from some of the greatest comic cartoonists. I had been to Cartoon Museum a couple of times before the Searle exhibition and have stared a original Ken Reid artwork and I have been totally facinated by the way the artwork was drawn and made ready for print. Having studied Graphic Design in the 1980's I related to the artboard used and the way mistakes were painted out in white so they didn't show up when printed in the comics.

Mort Drucker who used to draw or still does draw for MAD magazine was very influenced by Ronald Searle's work. If you look at the work of Mort Drucker you will see the influence of Searle in the way Drucker draws animals, monsters and certain people in his panel backgrounds. Druckers overall style is much like Searles.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!