Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

For Sale: Tintin and Snowy Wrist-watch [Pre-Swatch (1984-1986)]

DM24a
#1 · Posted: 28 May 2015 20:11
No idea how much this is worth.
It was bought between 1984 and 1986 from "Pilot" - nowadays The Tintin Shop - in London.
Essentially, a pre-Swatch black, plastic strap job - the later Swatches are very similar.
Images available.
Works perfectly well - has not been worn, just hung on the study wall. One tiny scratch on the face.
A member of the Tintin Shop has confirmed that these were made specially in Hong Kong between 1984 and 1986 - long before the later Swatch examples! Comes with an original, blank "Pilot" invoice sheet from the period.
Moderator Note: As ever, because we don't run auctions, and have no means of resolving disputes or arbitrating in any sale, all those responding to the above must do so by e-mail directly to the seller, and not on here. We advise caution to both seller and purchaser, and that all transactions should be made in a manner which is acceptable to both parties.
The Tintinologist Team
jack1999
#2 · Posted: 17 Aug 2015 15:53
Did you ever find out how much it's worth, DM24a? I have one with sleeping Milou/Snowy on the face and would like to sell it to some who appreciates it.
Thanks.
Jack
Moderator Note: There have been many many Tintin-themed watches over the decades (possibly hundreds?), so you might want to add a little more detail to your description - manufacturer and year if possible, and things like if it is a manual or automatic movement, etc.
The Tintinologist Team
jack1999
#3 · Posted: 18 Aug 2015 18:13
Is it possible to post a picture of the watch?
Jack

Moderator Note: You would need to upload the photos to another site - Flickr or Facebook, for example, and then place the links to the pictures here.
The Tintinologist Team
DM24a
#4 · Posted: 20 Oct 2022 16:50
Hi, All.
I've just seen the original date of my post (28th May 2015!) when I offered my Pre-Swatch Tintin watch (1984-1986 vintage) for sale - I purchased it from Pilot.
I never did move the wristwatch on, and it has been hanging for years in a cupboard.
Today, I came across my Tintin ology sign-in details again by chance, after losing the bit of paper in the study years ago.
It occurs to me now that if somebody does want it they might make me a sensible offer.
If not, it's not coming to any harm hanging where it is.
It is Pre-Swatch and is a battery-powered quartz movement.
Best wishes, David.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!