Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Valuation Wanted: Moulinsart Special Edition "Triumphal Elephant" figurine (Moulinsart 46231)

Aamilmanji
#1 · Posted: 6 Jul 2020 13:45
Looking for a valuation of this collectable figurine. Mint condition and brand new. Please email.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 9 Jul 2020 12:54
It was a little difficult to work out exactly which figure you were enquiring about, but putting the terms in your original topic title into Google finds that the most likely candidate is a lead and resin scene produced in 2007, showing Tintin and the Maharajah in the howdah on the back of an elephant, surrounded by figures of the attendants.

The reference number is 46231, if you want to identify it in the future - I've put that in the title.

There were 777 of the figurines produced, and they came with a numbered certificate.

As to value, well there really is no definitive way to judge that, as yet.

Sellers on the internet on sites such as eBay are looking for thousands, but the variation ranges between two- and seven-thousand euros which suggests to me that there is a lot of speculation going on there, as there is no record of them selling at that price.

Far more realistic would appear to be an auction house listing where one was estimated to sell for between 800 and 1,200 euros, and sold for 800; there was another which went for the top end of the estimate. So that range at least looks possible.
Aamilmanji
#3 · Posted: 9 Jul 2020 14:15
Thank you Jock that was very helpful. Would you know anybody who was looking to buy this model from me or a place I could contact to try and sell the model.

Thanks
Bob s
#4 · Posted: 15 Jul 2020 02:08
I'd be interested in purchasing the model,
Skydiver
#5 · Posted: 28 Apr 2021 16:31
Aamilmanji

Do you still sell that item? I am interested.

You can contact me at : >timo< >dot< >defraene< >at< >gmail< >dot< >com<

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!