Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Anybody fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Shivam302001
#1 · Posted: 12 Nov 2018 13:35
In 2008, Iron Man kickstarted the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Since then, the studio made such films like The Avengers(2012), Captain America: The Winter Soldier(2014), Spiderman Homecoming(2017), Black Panther(2018) and most recently Avengers Infinity War and many more which has made the superhero genre virtually take control of Hollywood. So any Tintin fans out there who are into this box-office juggernaut (pun intended) universe?
mct16
#2 · Posted: 12 Nov 2018 23:03
I've seen "Iron Man", "Captain America the First Avenger", "Winter Soldier" and "Deadpool" but only when they appeared on TV. It was mainly because most of the world had seen them so I felt I had to find out what all the fuss was about.

They were fun but mainly for the special effects. Plot-wise it just seemed to be about muscle-bound thugs smashing up the neighbourhood! Not exactly Shakespeare - or Herge for that matter. LOL :)
Shivam302001
#3 · Posted: 13 Nov 2018 16:19
Deadpool,although is part of the Marvel Comics Universe, it is not part of the MCU. The movie rights belong to Fox.

And since it is a shared universe, no doubt Winter Soldier made no sense to you because there is literally 8 more films before it, which you need to see to get the full essence.

However, I would recommend Black Panther (2018) as it is considered the first major contribution of the MCU. It revolves around the fictional ultra-developed kingdom of Wakanda. The protagonist needs to overcome a civil war based on the grounds that their country would wage war against all the countries who had subjugated coloured people for so long. My summary is not good I guess, but you should really see the movie.

Marvel owes much of its success to Stan Lee, who jointly created flawed superheroes like Iron Man, Hulk, the Fantastic Four, X-Men and Spiderman. He was a real pioneer in the comics industry and would be very missed. But like Herge, he and his creations will continue to live on forever.

R.I.P Stan Lee.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!