Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Professor Calculus: Which invention of his do you absolutely require?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

mct16
#11 · Posted: 28 Jul 2020 15:43
There are some other inventions of his that should be considered, even if they did not appear in the original comics.

In the film "Golden Fleece", he invents a sort of fuel called Super-Cuthbertoleum which, in the form of tablets, powers an old cargo ship over a long distance. (The film was made in Herge's lifetime so he must have approved of it.)

There is also a Bob de Moor cartoon in which he invents a process that turns all liquids into pure drinkable water - including whisky and oil! (It was published long after Herge's death, but I imagine it was approved by his heirs since it was about supporting water supplies in the developing world.)

These strike me as very useful inventions, though I think the latter should be handled carefully. In the final panel, Calculus has turned a entire layer of desert oil into water. Imagine if the same was done to paint or medications in liquid form.
Shivam302001
#12 · Posted: 1 Aug 2020 06:58
For those who have already chosen the anti-alcohol pills, Calculus was probably in the process of making a medicine that reversed the effects of the pill if anyone wanted to (like our distinguished Captain) at the end of Alph-Art. Unfortunately there are some side-effects like blotches in your skin and all your hair falling off. But that's just a small price to pay to have another go at that Loch Lomond, I guess...

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!