Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintinologist.org /

[Resolved] Why can't I use numbers in my username?

gabrielfendas
#1 · Posted: 14 Mar 2020 22:47
It states that usernames can contain both letters and numbers, but when I used numbers, the username was rejected.

The password, however, could include numbers.

https://i.imgur.com/SBAC5HS.png
jock123
#2 · Posted: 17 Mar 2020 12:10
Not sure what happened there, but as you may be able to see from my own name, it isn't a policy that you can't, so it's most likely a technical hitch.

On the top of the thread list there's a post saying Admin has been updating the site software, and it has proved to be glitchy, so it may unfortunately be a symptom of that!
admin
Administrator
#3 · Posted: 9 May 2020 07:01
gabrielfendas:
It states that usernames can contain both letters and numbers, but when I used numbers, the username was rejected.

Welcome to our community, gabrielfendas.

Thank you for reporting the issue. Names containing numbers were never a problem until the recent major upgrade; so something is definitely not right. I'll do my best to get the problem resolved soon.

Be well and stay safe.
admin
Administrator
#4 · Posted: 24 May 2020 05:34
Hi again, gabrielfendas (and jock123).
According to the software developer: it is by design that users cannot register names that begin with numbers -- this is a newly-introduced security enhancement. This explains why, once upon a time, users were able to register names preceded by numbers. I will update the error message to make this clear.

This topic is closed.