Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

'The Tintinologist' Journal: Ed's Project

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#11 · Posted: 19 Jun 2008 16:30
cigars of the beeper:
If you will be selling it, you will really need to please Moulinsart.

I repeat: there will be no infringement of copyright, licensing laws, or any of Moulinsart's guidelines.

cigars of the beeper:
Will contributors share the profits?

A thorny issue! The short answer is no - at least for the time being. I don't intend for this to be a profit-making venture, for the simple reason that nobody has a good idea as to how it will sell just yet. Should it be a success, any profits that are made will be put back into the production of the next volume, and it's this money that would allow us to look into Moulinsart image rights, permissions etc., and generally to improve the product.

So I can't commit to a share of the profits unless it turns into a success with Moulinsart's backing - at which point there will need to be a reassessment of contributions, and a proper scheme of royalties worked out. In the meantime, it's easier for all contributors to know that they're doing it for the love of the subject!

Ed
IvanIvanovitch
#12 · Posted: 19 Jun 2008 17:40
You mention image rights. Is specific permission from Moulinsart necessary to publish Tintin's picture, even in an unofficial publication?
edcharlesadams
#13 · Posted: 19 Jun 2008 21:42
IvanIvanovitch:
You mention image rights. Is specific permission from Moulinsart necessary to publish Tintin's picture, even in an unofficial publication?

Yes, unless the rights to a specific image have been claimed by a news organisation or picture library, who will have obtained Moulinsart's permission themselves.

Ed
cigars of the beeper
#14 · Posted: 20 Jun 2008 13:14
It is sometimes necessary to illustrate using a frame from one of the books. How do we get Moulinsart's permission?
edcharlesadams
#15 · Posted: 20 Jun 2008 16:11
cigars of the beeper:
It is sometimes necessary to illustrate using a frame from one of the books. How do we get Moulinsart's permission?

Simply give the reference and I'll handle it. It would be good, for reasons of cost, to keep this to a minimum. As it is, I can't even promise that they will appear, so a direction to look up the image might have to do.

If you have any more specific questions do contact me by email.

Ed
tintinspartan
#16 · Posted: 25 Jun 2008 15:55
I'm done with an article already.

I will send it to you and please, I really need to chat with you since i'm more comfortable talking over Messenger rather than here.
edcharlesadams
#17 · Posted: 25 Jun 2008 20:58
tintinspartan:
I will send it to you and please, I really need to chat with you since i'm more comfortable talking over Messenger rather than here.

No problem.

For anyone else, I would recommend emailing a synopsis for approval first, before getting on with writing anything - it may be that the idea you have is similar to somebody else's, or there is too much of a certain topic in one volume. That way you wouldn't end up disappointed after putting the effort in.

That said - tintinspartan, I look forward to your submission!

Ed
Harpy
#18 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 18:35
Sounds good, kinda reminds me of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London's publication, but that's monthly I think and paper back, and probably smaller then what you are going for.

Good luck with it and I eagerly await it's publication.
edcharlesadams
#19 · Posted: 17 Jul 2008 20:49
Thank you all for your kind comments of support, and for the many emails I have received on the subject.

We are now well on the way to having a packed volume full of high-quality writing. But new submissions are always welcome. The deadlines for this volume are:

Ideas and synopses submitted by Thursday 31st July.

Complete articles submitted by Tuesday 2nd September.

Anyone waiting for a response approving their submission will hear from me shortly.

Good luck!

Ed
edcharlesadams
#20 · Posted: 29 Jul 2008 15:04
Just a friendly reminder that there are now a little over two days to send in your ideas for articles to go in the first volume. The deadline is Thursday 31st!

Ed

Page  Page 2 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!