Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

'The Tintinologist' Journal: Ed's Project

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

zazoentje
#31 · Posted: 4 Feb 2009 18:16
February already and no news anymore about this project?
cigars of the beeper
#32 · Posted: 5 Feb 2009 20:54
Hmmm... I had forgotten it so much that I didn't even notice when it didn't arrive! I wonder what's delayed it? Too few submissions perhaps?
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#33 · Posted: 6 Feb 2009 17:19
Apologies for not updating this thread with news. The main reason this project has been delayed is the current global economy: the cost of printing (at least, where I had hoped to go with it) has risen by about 40%, meaning that I shall either have to raise some more funds or look for alternative places. Either way, it will take a bit of time, and realistically I think there won't be anything in print until this coming autumn (i.e. 2009).

There have been many excellent submissions so we are not short of material. That said, if anyone has any further ideas I would be very happy to consider them, as ever!

Ed
Voluma
#34 · Posted: 6 Feb 2009 18:32
What a wonderful idea. Good luck with getting it printed! And when it does come out, where can I buy a copy?
IvanIvanovitch
#35 · Posted: 23 Mar 2009 18:10
Here's another query: is there any way for Tintinologists to contribute to the cost of production? Sort of a payment in advance?
tybaltstone
#36 · Posted: 31 Mar 2009 23:22
I don't get to visit Tintinologist too often these days and came specially to see if there was any news on your journal, Ed. Sorry to hear it's been delayed and I look forward to seeing it whenever that's possible. Oh - I may have a printer idea for you actually... I'll email you. Best - Garen
blistering_barnacles
#37 · Posted: 5 Apr 2009 22:33
Hi all,

What happened to this?
marsbar
#38 · Posted: 5 Apr 2009 22:52
blistering_barnacles:
What happened to this?

Ed is still trying to raise enough funds to get the journal printed.
Blaise
#39 · Posted: 14 Apr 2009 05:20
Damn fine idea, Ed, and good on you for taking it on!
IvanIvanovitch
#40 · Posted: 7 Aug 2009 06:53
Again I query: is there any way for us forum members to contribute to the publication costs? I'm sure there are those of us who would be willing.

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!