Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin In Other Languages: Tintin in Assamese

sponsz
#1 · Posted: 9 Apr 2016 10:52
It seems that there is a new translation of Tintin (Cigars). It's in Assamese, an Eastern Indo-Aryan language used mainly in the state of Assam, where it is an official language.
Do you have informations about it please?
sponsz
#2 · Posted: 17 Apr 2016 15:59
Casterman signed a contract in 2012 and two titles were published in 2013 :Cigars and Lotus
sponsz
#3 · Posted: 21 Apr 2016 10:49
The editor of the Assamese Tintins is:
Chhyya Prakashani
32, College Row
Kolkata-700 009
E-mail : info@chhaya.co.in

Problem they don't answer my mail!
sponsz
#4 · Posted: 27 Apr 2016 10:18
Vikas from India wrote me:
Hi!I managed to speak to people at the publishing house in Calcutta. Surprisingly they were not very forthcoming and refused to give any detail about the stock or the place where it can be brought from. They told me that I can try some book shop in Tripura which is a different state. No book store has this book on sale. I think that this lot was published in a very fishy manner. No store has it in India. I have chcked all the big ones and smaller ones in Assam and Tripura
Rgds Vikas​
sponsz
#5 · Posted: 27 Apr 2016 11:59
News from India:
Dear Sir, Thank you for your mail and your interest in buying the Tintin comic in Assamese.The Tintin in Assamese was being published by a company named "Chaya Publications". We spoke to the Editor in the Company which is based in Kolkata.
He has informed us that the Company was publishing this assamese edition for some time but it no longer has the copyright to continue the printing any more from Castermans. We regret to inform you that the company does not have any prints that we can buy on your behalf. Wishing you the best, With kind regards,
jock123
#6 · Posted: 27 Apr 2016 16:43
It's a bit of a mystery and no mistake - book that the publisher doesn't want to sell you!
Perhaps Casterman might have a copy they could sell you? They sometimes seem to have foreign editions on their website...

Anyway, thank you once again for your sterling endeavours to keep us informed of the foreign language editions, Colonel! :-)
ajatasatru
#7 · Posted: 3 Oct 2016 11:38
sponsz

Hello

Chhaya Prakashani has started selling the TINTIN books worldwide. Mail you order to info.cppl@gmail.com.
Bandhu
#8 · Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:00
Got very few Tintin books in Assamese for collectors only.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!