Tintin Forums

Tintin Forums / Tintin news and events /

A new Tintin album to be released soon - Janurary 2019?

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

dedemax
#1 · Posted: 17 Dec 2018 10:04
That's what I understand from something published on the official Tintin site...
Shivam302001
#2 · Posted: 17 Dec 2018 15:19
Is it a book giving info about Tintin or a revised album of a Tintin book? I cannot understand.

Because a new Tintin adventure is not probable.
mct16
#3 · Posted: 17 Dec 2018 17:15
I get the impression that it is some kind of teaser for a forthcoming book. Someone has speculated that it is a colourised version of the 1930 version of "Tintin in the Congo", but I don't think that that is official so we will have to wait and see.
Balthazar
#4 · Posted: 18 Dec 2018 03:20
mct16:
Someone has speculated that it is a colourised version of the 1930 version of "Tintin in the Congo"

Thanks, mct16. That would appear to be a good guess as, on checking my b/w copy of Congo, what we can see of this yet-to-be-fully-revealed cover seems to be an adaptation of the last panel of page 34* of that book, where Tintin and Snowy come face-to-face with the lion they've been stalking. The silhouetted trees and grassy mound match exactly.

*If I've counted correctly. The pages aren't numbered!
Shivam302001
#5 · Posted: 18 Dec 2018 03:50
The cover does look like Tintin au Congo and the top part is like any other standard Tintin album. So maybe they are following up Tintin au pays des Soviets with Tintin au Congo, in colour. Maybe again in French if I understand right.
dedemax
#6 · Posted: 18 Dec 2018 10:06 · Edited by: Moderator
There is also a previously unreleased version of "Tintin au Congo": here is it in French (and below I try to translate... please correct me !)
"Inédite en album, la version de Tintin au Congo présentée dans cet ouvrage fut
composée par Hergé en 1940 pour le quotidien belge néerlandophone Het Laatste
Nieuws. Ici traduite pour la première fois en français, elle révèle les transformations
opérées entre la version noir et blanc d'origine et celle publiée en couleur en 1946."

Unpublished as an album, the version of "Tintin in Congo" presented in this book was prepared by Hergé in 1940 for the Dutch-speaking Belgian newspaper "Het Laatste Nieuws". Translated here into French for the first time, it reveals the transition between the original black-and-white version and the one published in color in 1946.
Shivam302001
#7 · Posted: 18 Dec 2018 12:36 · Edited by: Shivam302001
Yes, you see the Flemish one has already been discussed (or rather announced) in the forums right here.

Are they also publishing the one printed first in Holland?
dedemax
#8 · Posted: 18 Dec 2018 13:17
Oh yes, I see.

The book from Philippe Goddin is now on sale, that's why I suggested that maybe they will publish this version as a "new" Tintin in Congo... but really I don't know more about it...
jock123
#9 · Posted: 18 Dec 2018 18:50 · Edited by: jock123
They have been revealing the image piece-by-piece on the official site and the Tintin.com Facebook page since the 10th of December, and the hashtag they are using (#tintintbirthday), with a countdown, seems to indicate that the big reveal will be the launch on the 10th of January next year of the colourised version of Tintin au Congo which - as mct16 mentions above - has been the subject of speculation.
The way it's going, the image will be complete long before January, so we will know more very soon.
As of today one can see the lion in colour...

It seems a little odd to launch a second "new" version of the Congo story so close to the Goddin collection of the Flemish intermediate black-and-white - one might have thought that the market might be a little saturated - and to do it on the 90th anniversary of the launch of Soviets, but it's all grist to the mill of keeping Tintin in the public eye.
Shivam302001
#10 · Posted: 18 Dec 2018 19:37
It would be interesting to compare all the different versions of the book Tintin au Congo nevertheless. There is a total of six different editions including the 2 mentioned here off the top of my head.

I wonder whether they are planning to colourise all the black and white albums, because that would be cool.

Page  Page 1 of 5:  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot your password?
Please sign in to post. New here? Sign up!