Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Upcoming book: Tintin and the Moon

nibbleswicke
#1 · Posted: 20 Apr 2019 02:43
There's a book called Tintin and the Moon: Destination Moon & Explorers on the Moon listed on Amazon with a release date of July 9, 2019. Looking at the description it seems like this will be an oversized deluxe edition.

The Amazon page does not have an image, but it could be similar to this listing for a French edition.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 20 Apr 2019 12:09
Good spot there! I had seen mention of the French edition, but I had taken it to be a straight re-release of the double album which was produced a few years ago to be part of a promotion by Le Monde, so hadn't paid it much attention.

Let's hope that this is something special, as it will commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing!

Thanks for bringing it to our attention! :-)
CaptainFatstock
#3 · Posted: 20 Apr 2019 16:24
This seems interesting enough. I'll probably get it when it releases.
EDIT: I've found an English picture on Amazon.ca

Moderator Note: There's also now an entry on Amazon.co.uk, with a release date in September; if anyone would prefer to order it from a local bookshop (always a good thing to do!), the ISBN numbers for the English edition appear to be: ISBN-10: 1405295902 and ISBN-13: 978-1405295901

The Tintinologist Team
VGRetro
#4 · Posted: 28 May 2019 22:35
Warterstones are advertising it on their website with a release date of July 27th.

https://www.waterstones.com/book/tintin-moon-bindup/herge//97814052959 01

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!