Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

New release: Tintin in the Congo - English colour version

Page  Page 10 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

Tintin Quiz
#91 · Posted: 9 Mar 2006 20:08
Amazon US just cancelled my order stating that they cannot get Tintin in the Congo. Anyone in the US actually received a copy? If so, who did you order from?
MoonRocket
#92 · Posted: 9 Mar 2006 20:40
A few days ago, I was finally back on this site and saw that yes indeed Tintin in the Congo was FINALLY available in English! Of course I had to order one -- didn't see it on Amazon.com, so I went to Amazon.uk and ordered it from there. Apparently it is on its way. I think you'll have the best luck if you order a copy from UK Amazon or Canadian Amazon.
Tintin Quiz
#93 · Posted: 12 Mar 2006 07:21
Right. I just ordered from Amazon.uk. It's almost as much to ship as the book costs. ):

--
Edit:
In fact, it cost more to ship than to buy. On the other hand, it's on it's way to me as I type. <g>

[Moderator action: combined 2 consecutive posts]
Danagasta
#94 · Posted: 24 Mar 2006 16:04
Here in the US, you could contact the Yale Bookstore World Language Center in New Haven, CT. They're really nice, and could probably work something out. I saw Congo in French and English last time I checked...

Courtney
mpp
#95 · Posted: 21 Jul 2006 01:26
I own all my Tintin color albums in paperback format - so I'm waiting for Tintin in Congo to come out in paperback. I've checked on amazon.co.uk - and elsewhere - but see no indication of when this might be coming out. Any ideas?
szplug
#96 · Posted: 5 Feb 2007 18:30
Now that a year has passed since the publication of the Congo, I wonder how it has fared in spite of the initial skepticism about the nature of it's contents,controversies etc.Someone had even suggested that it may have a limited run.
Does the reprints of the book still come with it's 'collector's edition' band ??
tintin_in_arcata
#97 · Posted: 17 Feb 2007 03:02
I could have sworn that I saw Congo in paperback/color/english at the Tintin Shop's website (UK)could be wrong though. Last time I checked they were out of stock

-Gabe
varun0883
#98 · Posted: 24 Feb 2007 12:29
Are there any chances of video getting released?
Ranko
#99 · Posted: 24 Feb 2007 18:32
I was in the shop this afternoon and bought Vol 1, Soviets/Congo. The re-drawn Congo looks very good in colour I must say. Looking forward to reading it and posting a few comments.

BTW: Nice meeting and chatting to you in the shop, Stas. I'm afraid you'll be seeing me again soon because now I'm going to have to buy the new Egmont 3-in-1's!

Ranko
misteromar
#100 · Posted: 18 Apr 2011 12:32
It's now 2011 and there still doesn't seem to be an English paperback of Tintin in the Congo available.

It's a real pity because I have all the others in paperback and it will look kind of naff having only one hardback edition.

Page  Page 10 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!