Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

First Tintin book you ever read?

Page  Page 6 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  11  12  Next » 

Persephone101
#51 · Posted: 14 May 2006 21:58
Obscure.... not rare, just very obscure to certain people. *coughclassmatesinmyschoolcough*

I know they're not real rare,forgive my misleading info.
fritzette
#52 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 15:18
The first Tintin book I read was The Shooting Star. I was 7 years old then.
Martin
#53 · Posted: 26 Jun 2006 21:09
No idea, to be honest, but one of my copies of Tintin au Congo seems to have been greatly defaced by my childish hands armed with a crayon.
Liquid Fantasy
#54 · Posted: 29 Jun 2006 10:40
the first tintin book i read was King Ottokar's Sceptre.. i read it 3 times because i liked it so much and then i read The Secret Of The Unicorn.. i don't remember how old i was.. but i think i was about 8.. perhaps 10 :]
whsrunner
#55 · Posted: 2 Jul 2006 04:25
The first one that I read was Tintin in America. It was in one of the volumes at the library. By the end of the month I had read all of the tintin volumes except for the last one (they didn't have it).
Bartok
#56 · Posted: 7 Jul 2006 05:40
When I was 7 years old, living in Madrid, Spain, a friend of mine gave me a few old copies of "La Gazeta Junior", which featured, among other things, serializations of Destination: Moon and Explorers on the Moon (totaling only about 10 pages or so.) I was hooked, and I scoured the city of Madrid (well, the surrounding neighborhoods) looking for the magazine, and none of the retailers even KNEW who Tintin was (thundering typhoons!) Then, a neighbor of mine loaned me his copy of The Secret of the Unicorn--my first full Tintin book! And it wasn't about space travel! Soon after, I bought and read: Destination Moon, Explorers on the Moon, Calculus Affair, Tintin in Tibet, Tintin in America, and Shooting Star (all in Spanish.) Saw Lake of the Sharks and Prisoners of the Sun in theaters about this time. Bought the rest in high school back in the States, and even have a copy of Tintin in the Land of the Soviets sent to me by Herge Studios! Consider this my personal profile!
Blaise
#57 · Posted: 15 Jul 2006 23:01
Thundering typhoons! I have no idea which Tintin book I first read! I can only remember the first Tintin I bought, which was from a second-hand stall at a local fair. It was an old hardback copy of Prisoners of the Sun and I worshipped it like an Inca!
jakemax
#58 · Posted: 16 Jul 2006 18:13
I am Jake and I am 9 years olds. I have have just read my first Tintin book with three stories in it.
My favourite was Red Rackham's Treaure.
I like Captain Haddock because he is always going crazy.
I also like Snowy because I really like dogs.
When I was reading Prisoners of the Sun, I thought that Snowy was going to get lost in the snow!
Rajpal
#59 · Posted: 11 Aug 2006 05:29
My first ever Tintin was "The Crab With the Golden Claws" and it was a gift to me by my dad. I must have been around 8 then, I guess!

And I have been a fan ever since!
FeroFero
#60 · Posted: 25 Aug 2006 12:37
The First book I read was Tintin in America when I was 10 at my school libary. Then The Blue Lotus,Tintin in Tibet and then The Caculus Affair so on, so on

Page  Page 6 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  5  6  7  ...  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!