Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

First Tintin book you ever read?

Page  Page 8 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Tintin Quiz
#71 · Posted: 31 Dec 2006 20:29
I can't remember the first book, but I first heard about Tintin from The Whole Earth Review. Tintin was recommended reading for kids because of its large vocabulary.
We read all the then-available American Tintins to our older three kids.
My youngest (now 22) was the real fan, though. I began reading Tintin to him as a baby. The colorful images caught his eye, and the stories kept me from going nuts. His first read word was "thud," read from Cigars of the Pharaoh.

I have all the stories in 3-in-1 editions and several stories in various editions, including Secret of the Unicorn in Russian, a couple in German, purchased in Vienna. My most exotic is Tintin in Tibet, in Tibetan.
Pushy
#72 · Posted: 6 Feb 2007 12:44
I was 5 when I came into contact with Tintin in Tibet and The Seven Crystal Balls.. Loved them.
TNT
#73 · Posted: 7 Feb 2007 09:05
I read shooting star first.
when I was 12(that time I began my tintinologist's life because of Tintin animation), I got info about three korean Tintin books publicated in 1993 but these books were nearly go out of print. by good luck, greatest bookstore in Korea, Kyobobook, has these books. so I bought these book through internet Kyobobook. I was very HAPPY when these book has arrived! first I read shooting star, later tintin in tibet and explorers on the moon. still now, I like these albums.
sbovisjb1
#74 · Posted: 7 Feb 2007 22:59
The Crab with the Golden Claws It was shown to me by my Dad. I was 5. He said it was one of the "Greats". He also got me hooked on Asterix...
toydreamer
#75 · Posted: 11 Feb 2007 01:57
I think the first Tintin book I read would have been "Tintin in America". I think i wore out all the library Tintin books at primary school. :)
tintinboy
#76 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 05:18
The first was 'The Castafiore Emerald' when I was 11 years.
Next, I think was 'The Seven Crystal Balls'
ben001
#77 · Posted: 14 Feb 2007 11:25
Tintin in America was the first. A friend borrowed it to me, and got hooked!
indigoxstar
#78 · Posted: 20 Mar 2007 20:51
I read the Tintin Moon books first.
I remember refusing to read The Seven Crystal Balls because I thought it was scary. What can I say? I was 6!
motheroftintin
#79 · Posted: 21 Mar 2007 05:30
Yeah, I read Seven Crystal Balls first, when I was about 8 or 9 - Raspar Capac totaly freaked me out.
**(Sound of breaking glass in background)**
**(Ah, demons, they are coming for me! Don't let them get me!)**
**(ZZZZZZZZZ)**
We are sorry. Mother*of*tintin has been attacked. We must now wait for some young reporter, his dog, and a sailor with a pathetic first name to free him from his coma
lintondrums
#80 · Posted: 24 Mar 2007 12:40
My very first book Tintin book that I read was The Black Island.
It was liquid gold I tell ya....

Got me hooked for life.....

Moderator Note: Please use upper- and lower-case letters when posting, and standard punctuation - it makes things so much easier to read! Thank you for your cooperation! Your message has been adjusted.

The Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 8 of 12:  « Previous  1  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!