Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The Captain and Castafiore: Are they secretly in love?

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Mirirocks67
#21 · Posted: 7 May 2008 13:06
Maybe Mrs Wagg, Irma, Madame Yamilah,

wait, bridesmaids are supposed to be young unmarried woman ¿right?
cigars of the beeper
#22 · Posted: 7 May 2008 18:03
What about Irma?
Triskeliae
#23 · Posted: 7 May 2008 19:59
Right now, a bride can have anyone as bridesmaid, I think. Even a man playing "Maid of Honor" (check the movie)! Could Tintin be one? Or Calculus? Of course, the professor would be heartbroken, he's so taken to the Nightingale's beauty...! He's in in love with her!
Jeeves
#24 · Posted: 8 May 2008 04:07
Triskeliae wrote:
Could Tintin be one? Or Calculus?

LOL
tintinagalog
#25 · Posted: 8 May 2008 04:34
cigars of the beeper
What kind of wedding gifts should we bring, if we are attending? How about a bottle of whisky?

Cases/boxes of Loch Lomond, I suppose.

And for sure, the Best Man would be Tintin. And the ring bearer is... Snowy? Like what he did on the King Ottokar's Sceptre with his mouth bearing the sceptre?

You know what, last night before I sleep, I was wondering how will Haddock relay to Bianca the first moment he saw her performing at the Hippodrome (from The Seven Crystal Balls). Checking the Tintin books again, I followed the trail of their encounters. Indeed the Captain has been afraid to Castafiore, to the point that he's avoided her, but... isn't that those moves are also signs of shyness to show something real? Look, Captain hates her, yes. But why does he remembers her on the Control Room by imitating her opera and representing himself as Haddocksikoff accompanying her (from Destination Moon)? Even in Tintin and the Picaros, if Haddock really hates her, why is it that he wants to defend and save the Castafiore out from the Tapioca's claws?
Jeeves
#26 · Posted: 9 May 2008 06:59
tintinagalog wrote:
Even in Tintin and the Picaros, if Haddock really hates her, why is it that he wants to defend and save the Castafiore out from the Tapioca's claws?

I forgot about that! Yet another peice of evidence that underneath his pretence the Captain has feelings for Bianca
Triskeliae
#27 · Posted: 9 May 2008 17:53
He doesn't want to listen to her sing, but that doesn't mean he wants her dead! But who knows? Maybe he already missed her call him MY DEARRR Captain Cradock!!!!!! oooo, Cradipoo!!!!
cigars of the beeper
#28 · Posted: 10 May 2008 01:12
I suppose that either Tintin or Calculus would be the best man.
tintinagalog
#29 · Posted: 11 May 2008 05:18
Calculus the best man? hahahaha...!!! Your brain's gone radioactive, blistering barnacles! I think he's better to be included as one of their principal sponsors, and then be called, "The Godfather."
Jeeves
#30 · Posted: 11 May 2008 17:13
tintinagalog wrote:
think he's better to be included as one of their principal sponsors, and then be called, "The Godfather."

That seems like kind of an odd title for Calculus

Page  Page 3 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!