Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The Captain and Castafiore: Are they secretly in love?

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Little Mijarka
#31 · Posted: 12 May 2008 01:05
cigars of the beeper wrote:
I suppose that either Tintin or Calculus would be the best man.

I think Tintin should be the best man, since he knew the Captain longer and introduced the couple. Calculus could probably give Bianca away since Wagner would be doing the music. Irma could be the Maid of Honor and Snowy could act as either ring bearer or flower...dog.
Jeeves
#32 · Posted: 12 May 2008 01:52
Little Mijarka wrote:
Snowy could act as either ring bearer or flower...dog.

that would be cute! While we're speculateing do you think Bianca has any other friends or family to invite? exactly what would the guest list look like!
cigars of the beeper
#33 · Posted: 12 May 2008 21:55
tintinagalog wrote:
Calculus the best man? hahahaha...!!! Your brain's gone radioactive, blistering barnacles! I think he's better to be included as one of their principal sponsors, and then be called, "The Godfather."

What's wrong with Calculus being the best man?
Anyway, I'm surprised at your reaction to my (rather neutral) comment. My brain has not gone radioactive, but I assume that you are just trying to be funny, and quote what Captain Haddock said of Calculus in Destination Moon, I think.
No offense taken.
tintinagalog
#34 · Posted: 13 May 2008 08:07
Yeah, beep, glad to hear that. Hey, you're reading minds, don't you?
cigars of the beeper
#35 · Posted: 13 May 2008 21:34
Reading minds? What do you mean?
tintinagalog
#36 · Posted: 14 May 2008 03:33
Well, it's like "how do you know I was only joking?"
Little Mijarka
#37 · Posted: 14 May 2008 07:42
Jeeves wrote:
While we're speculateing do you think Bianca has any other friends or family to invite? exactly what would the guest list look like!

That's interesting...I hadn't really thought about her, much like I've never really thought of Tintin having any extended family. Maybe Bianca has a huge
extended family in Italy that can come...can you imagine the delicious food? Although for some reason I've never imagined Bianca with a traditional family. Just fans. Perhaps she'll invite other aristocrats of the music world.

I wager if Herge had included this in an album, he and his wife would make a cameo appearance!

Maybe Alcazar and Peggy would come. Alcazar did, after all, help save her life.
I can just see him sitting boredly in a tux while Peggy sobs buckets of tears...or maybe it would be the other way around?
Jeeves
#38 · Posted: 16 May 2008 23:59
Little Mijarka wrote:
Maybe Alcazar and Peggy would come. Alcazar did, after all, help save her life.
I can just see him sitting boredly in a tux while Peggy sobs buckets of tears...or maybe it would be the other way around?

Too Funny! I can totally picture that, and during the ceremony the General would probably try and light his cigars when he thought no one was looking, only to have Peggy elbow him in the ribs.
Do you think Peggy and Bianca would hate each other or be BFs?
Little Mijarka
#39 · Posted: 17 May 2008 20:03
"Alcazar! I don't care if you're 'el general,' put that thing away at once!"
(He keeps smoking. Peggy sharply elbows him.)

"Yes, my dove..."

I can see Peggy and Bianca going at it both ways. On the one hand, they are both overbearing, demanding women that seem to leave the men (sans Calculus and Tintin, of course) terrified. They could be the type of BFFs that laugh to each other about how silly the men are or they could hate each other. Peggy seems less refined, whereas Bianca is this very prominant lady of society....

Wait, since Peggy is the First Lady of Tapiocopolis, she probably would be as well.

On the other hand, I seem to think Peggy is a bit more down to earth, not necessarily refreshing, but the type that would think Bianca is a phony.

I can't decide. For all intents and purposes, they are friends. Even friends have to beef it out sometimes.
Jeeves
#40 · Posted: 18 May 2008 00:54
I also have trouble decideing!

Little Mijarka wrote:
Maybe Alcazar and Peggy would come.

Crazy thought by the way,imagine if they had kids together! We already thought how funny Haddock and Bianca's offspring would be. Do you think they'd even want children?

Page  Page 4 of 8:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!