Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin In Other Languages: P.T. Tiga Lima Djakarta, Indonesian publisher of Tintin?

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

DianNdeso
#31 · Posted: 2 Dec 2008 08:18
Guys,

From my few minutes conversation with my colleague who actually read the PT. Tiga Lima edition, he confirm that the one he read is "RAHASIA PATUNG ARUMBAYA". And if this title is translating into English will sounds like "A SECRET of ARUMBAYA STATUE". According to him, the title is loos like similar to the German Edition with a title "DER ARUMBAYA FETISCH".

Do you think that this Tiga Lima publisher is making the Indonesian Translation from the German one instead of the Dutch one?

The other think he remember, that this edition has a length of 15 cm only and width of 30 cm. The size is not a standard from the current edition, either the normal big one nor the three in one size like the Egmont issues.

Last, he still can not find the book, but he is pretty sure that he ever read the book during his preliminary school and keep it somewhere in his house.

Dian
sponsz
#32 · Posted: 2 Dec 2008 08:25
Hello Dian,
In which year he read this book in the preliminary school? We can so have an idea wen this comic was published.
My Guess is between 1967 and 1975
DianNdeso
#33 · Posted: 2 Dec 2008 08:42
Hello Sponsz,

I guess you are right.. But for exact year, I should ask him first. Usually he is online via FB.

Dian
sponsz
#34 · Posted: 24 Dec 2008 18:55
Will we find a TIGA LIMA in 2008?
DianNdeso
#35 · Posted: 25 Dec 2008 01:04
Sponsz,

I guess we might found Tiga Lima in the next year, 2009 not in 2008 for sure, since 2008 just a few days away...

Dian
sponsz
#36 · Posted: 9 Jan 2009 12:58
Hello Dian,
Do you have an idea now wen this comic of TIGA LIMA was published ?
sponsz
sponsz
#37 · Posted: 13 Jan 2009 16:12
I asked also to the Dutch Tintinclub, "Het Herge Genootschap", you never know that someone of this club know something about TIGA LIMA.
Below the Dutch text :
Indonesische uitgever - Eind jaren veertig noemde Casterman bij de uitgevers per land o.a. Tiga Lima voor Indonesië. Weet iemand of die uitgever ook voor andere landen is vermeld? Reacties graag naar joseph.van.impe@pandora.be.

http://kuifje.nl/laatste_nieuws.htm
sponsz
#38 · Posted: 13 Feb 2009 17:58
Hello Dian,

Any news about the TIGA LIMA Tintin comics?

Do you have now an Indonesian Tintin website?
sponsz
#39 · Posted: 24 Feb 2009 17:45
Here another theory about P.T. TIGA LIMA.

This publisher becomes the rights from Casterman for publishing Tintin comics in Indonesian. Because of some reason, the contract between both is cancelled.
Without the permission of Casterman Belgium, P.T. Tiga Lima published some adventures of Tintin in Indonesia.

Another question : If the publisher P.T. Tiga Lima, really existed, I suppose that he published also other books or comics, why nobody find traces of this company in Indonesia ? Or is P.T. Tiga Lima not from Indonesian origin ?
sponsz
#40 · Posted: 12 Mar 2009 09:25
I'm still waiting to see, a scan of a Tintin book published by TIGA LIMA.

I spoke lately with the actual Director of Rights from Casterman Belgium, he
promised me to look in the old files of Casterman, if they given an authorization to a publisher TIGA LIMA.

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!