Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: "Surprising absences" in the stories and plots?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

snowybella
#11 · Posted: 2 Jan 2019 05:20
I haven't noticed this before until I read this thread, but it's curious that if Tintin, Haddock, Calculus, Wolff and the Thom(p)son twins opened all the boxes of scientific equipment (and presumably that of the food supplies), then how did they not discover Jorgen at the same time?

If they had, however, then the story might have been shorter than 62 pages, though...
Shivam302001
#12 · Posted: 2 Jan 2019 06:32
snowybella

I think that you are forgetting that Wolff and Colonel Jorgen were on the same team. He could have easily thrown others off the scent of Jorgen's hideout by pretending that he had already looked in that said place.

So, 62 pages it is.
Furienna
#13 · Posted: 31 Jan 2019 16:51
mct16:
1) how did a pair on bungling no-hopers like the Thom(p)sons manage to find the man?

Interestingly enough, the Thom(p)sons have not always been hopeless buffoons. So I guess that they simply were competent on that occasion.
mct16:
2) What makes Tintin think that the men who dramatically seize Calculus at the Bordurian embassy are on his side - before they knock him out with a cosh?

Well, it sure looked like those guys were on their side. And... I guess that even Tintin is allowed to be wrong once in a while.
mct16
#14 · Posted: 31 Jan 2019 23:08
Actually, having watched several years of TV police procedurals, I think that I can assume that when the injured man got out of the Marlinspike estate, an accomplice in a waiting car got him to a hospital to be treated for his injuries.

I believe that, by law, such injuries are reported to the local police and based on Tintin's description of the man the Thom(p)sons would have been able to find and confront him.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!