Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Le ThermoZéro: Should it be released?

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Shivam302001
#21 · Posted: 12 Jan 2019 03:49 · Edited by: Shivam302001
13 Jan 2019 13:26 - Merged topic:
Tintin and the Thermozero - New book to be published this year?

As I was going through the newspaper articles concerning Tintin's 90th birthday, a piece of news came as a bit of surprise. In many of those articles, it is mentioned that Benoit Mouchart,editorial director of Casterman, has told in a news conference that a new release of Herge's incomplete adventure, Tintin and the Thermozero is in the works and it may even release this year!

I could obtain no further information about it either in the official site or anywhere else. Does anybody know more about this?

Here is one of those news articles which mentions this information (for the book, see the last bit).
snowybella
#22 · Posted: 12 Jan 2019 05:21
Shivam302001

Exciting! From what I've heard of it, it's a great story!
Shivam302001
#23 · Posted: 12 Jan 2019 08:06 · Edited by: Shivam302001
It is exciting! As far as I know, it was done before The Castafiore Emerald. It is about Tintin and Haddock going to the rescue of a car crash victim, when the victim slides something into Tintin's pocket, which Calculus later finds out to be an explosive that works in absolute zero temperature. Meanwhile, Captain is kidnapped by some interested parties who had traced the explosives to our heroes. Tintin and Snowy then travel to Berlin. Wagg also makes an appearance.

It would be interesting to know if the Jo, Zette and Jocko adventure of the same name is also included in the book.

There are a few threads on this book in these forums which anyone interested can have a look at.
KiaraChang
#24 · Posted: 12 Jan 2019 13:32
Wow! Can't believe it! A new book to be released!
luinivierge2010
#25 · Posted: 13 Jan 2019 01:32 · Edited by: luinivierge2010
Alas, if we are to believe Yves Fevrier's statement (unless he is deliberately hiding official plans - and thus telling a kind of lie) it is not looking likely for now...

http://www.wradio.com.co/noticias/sociedad/yves-fevrier-habla-sobre-lo s-90-anos-de-tintin/20190112/nota/3849083.aspx

In French and Spanish, at 14:48: basically he says that for the time being no authorisation has been given to Casterman for any such publication.

On the other hand, he does confirm that Spielberg/Jackson have indeed renewed their contract for the films - see my post in the film speculation thread about Benoit Mouchart's statement on the 10th of January.
jock123
#26 · Posted: 13 Jan 2019 13:42 · Edited by: jock123
Shivam302001:
Tintin and the Thermozero is in the works and it may even release this year!

I think what we actually have here may be an aspiration on the part of M. Mouchart, mentioned to the press, rather than a concrete plan to release Le ThermoZèro, being reported as if it was something in the pipeline.

It does keep bobbing to the surface periodically as something which could happen, but there have been several false dawns over the years, and this may be just one more. I'm also starting to think that some of the "recent" remarks may even date from the 2014 discussion at Angoulême covered here, just dusted off and re-packaged in the press.

I mean, there was an actual, official announcement at that same event that there was to be an in-depth book on the production and history of Cigars of the Pharaoh, and nothing has ever come of that.
There was also the later, seemingly inadvertent, revelation of a possible deluxe release of The Calculus Affair with the broken window rendered in perspex as Hergé had mooted back in the Fifties, but which had proved impossible to achieve, and that came to nothing, even though the picture that leaked out showed a photo of the concept piece.

As I have said elsewhere, I would love ThermoZèro to come out, and perhaps what we are seeing is the 2014 projects starting to come to fruition (after all, we do have the colour Soviets (albeit not in print in English)), and this may mean that more treasures will be forthcoming soon.
Shivam302001
#27 · Posted: 13 Jan 2019 14:21
It would be such a pity if it turns out to be another false lead. I had thought we were really on for a treat. But maybe, it would be better to release the book on the 100th birthday of Tintin? That would be appropriate enough. And better for marketing too I guess.

But I would be happy if it is released earlier, never the less. It will be (or rather should be?) published one time or the other, anyway.
jock123
#28 · Posted: 13 Jan 2019 16:51
Shivam302001:
I had thought we were really on for a treat.

Well, let's hope we are...! As I say, this may the time the rumour proves to be true!

Shivam302001:
maybe, it would be better to release the book on the 100th birthday of Tintin?

Possibly, that would certainly be something to consider.
mct16
#29 · Posted: 14 Jan 2019 13:20 · Edited by: mct16
According to Benoit Mouchart's Instagram page what they are hoping to do is publish a book of sketches similar to that of "Alph-Art". That would be in the spirit of Herge's wishes. But this page, published two days ago, indicates that it is still in the planning stage and is not final.

Herge's assistants Bob de Moor and Roger Leloup also worked on a version of "Thermozero" as a "Jo, Zette & Jocko" adventure and may be included in such a publication.

Personally I would love the "Thermozero" to be the basis of a film. This would make it an original story similar to "Golden Fleece" rather than the mixing of elements from various adventures into one.
mct16
#30 · Posted: 14 Jan 2019 14:56
I'm afraid that that page has been suddenly taken down, along with another. Both included scans of the sketches of "Thermozero" and a scene from a TV news report. Maybe copyright issues.

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password?
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!