Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Which Tintin book do you wish to be longer?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Danagasta
#11 · Posted: 27 Jun 2005 00:42
I'd say one of the more recent adventures, such as The Red Sea Sharks.
I don't think it had enough of an ending – I mean, where the heck did everyone go after they got on The Los Angeles? That bugs me to no end.
Also, if Alph-Art had been finished, I would be able to find it at the Yale Bookstore. For some reason, people don't buy "unfinished" books from them (!)
Once it was finished, it could have gone into a huge second volume that dealt with the 1980s "New Agers" in depth.
Fungry
#12 · Posted: 27 Jun 2005 07:55
I would have to say the Tintin book I would love to be longer would be The Blue Lotus. I think the story line finished well but the artwork was so good I would just love there to be a few more majestic pictures such as that in frame 4 of the sixth page.
SingingGandalf
#13 · Posted: 9 Apr 2006 14:14
I'd say 'Flight 714', as it could have had much more adventure to it. The storyline was very good, but it just lacked something, and maybe that was length. To be honest, I think all of the books should be extended to 80 or 90 pages, not necessarily for more story but to put in more lovely drawings and for character development. anyway, we should be thankefull for what we have got - Asterix books are only around 45-50 pages long, and I think that brings them down a lot, as the plots haven't quite developed.
pokemon
#14 · Posted: 22 Jul 2007 19:17
the castafiore emerald of course. the book is a very homely and i am sure it is not a favourite for anyone who prefers serious adventures. herge should have added some spice in it after extending the story
Rianna Lauren
#15 · Posted: 10 Jul 2010 17:30
For me, apart from Alph-Art, I'd like to see more of Red Sea Sharks.
The story was awesome, it brought back a bunch of old friends and villain in a great plot, but I think the end could've been better than having Rastapopoulos escaping in a submarine and having Tintin walk home, just like that.
Of course, that'd somehow change the plots in Flight 714, but I'd still love to see how it'd turn out if it could ever get expanded.
dreamgirl
#16 · Posted: 7 Jul 2012 00:29
Hmm…
Red Sea Sharks ? I just felt it was an amazing story…
Perhaps Tintin and the Picaros too ?? I would really love to see where did he came from with his motorbike…
Tee-hee
SakuraT5
#17 · Posted: 13 Jan 2013 14:39
I wish The Land of Black Gold would have been longer since the Captain would have had a chance to explain to Tintin how he landed up in Khemed!
BlackadderFan
#18 · Posted: 4 Feb 2013 18:20
The Calculus Affair, in my opinion, had too dense and complex a plot to be made into a 62 page comic book. It should have been extended to 2 parts
Gayboy
#19 · Posted: 2 Mar 2013 17:50
I think I would have liked to have seen Tintin in Tibet extended to learn more about Chang's arrangement in London and maybe see a further development of Tintin and Chang's friendship.
I would also agree with perhaps maybe even one spin-off where Chang has his own adventure without Tintin... Now that would have been interesting.
calculite
#20 · Posted: 25 Jul 2013 06:19
I think Seven Crystal Balls could have been extended. It could have showed more of the expedition and hinted at future events. They could have added a lot of mystery and foreshadowing. I also would've liked to see each explorers lives before they get attacked. Perhaps each of them could have had a piece of the information related to the curse. There could be more mystery as things are unveiled more slowly.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!