Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Which Tintin book do you wish to be longer?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

advnarayan
#21 · Posted: 25 Jul 2013 14:14
I think none...
...and yet each one!

The beauty of Tintin is the racy pulse of the narrative - but lengthier means less pacey...
...But at the same time, I can finish a Tintin album in under an hour - so a longer Tintin would mean more reading pleasure!

I am confused! ;-)
elliemc3
#22 · Posted: 17 Aug 2013 01:02
If I could pick one, I would definitely pick Tintin in America. Because I really thought that Hergé did a really great job with Tintin interacting with all of those gangsters.
marlinspike hall
#23 · Posted: 3 Nov 2013 23:33
My first comment! Anyway either Black Island, my favorite, or Red Rackham's Treasure, because I think they should spend more time at sea.
gorfdota
#24 · Posted: 4 Nov 2013 11:20
I don't think it should be either The Calculus Affair or Shooting Star, because both have perfect pace.

Maybe The Castafiore Emerald could be longer, since it has a more leisurely pace. Therefore any extension wouldn't detract from its overall speed, and would have given us even more delightful information about the everyday lives of Tintin, Haddock and Calculus.
marlinspike hall
#25 · Posted: 4 Nov 2013 20:31
gorfdota:
Maybe The Castafiore Emerald could be longer, since it has a more leisurely pace.

Castafiore Emerald has always been one of my favorites, because it shows what Tintin and Captain do when they're not on big adventures.
I could see how Hergé could have lengthened it.
Shivam302001
#26 · Posted: 22 May 2018 18:35
I think it would have been nice to extend Flight 714 to Sydney since I felt like the last part was a bit condensed (not that I have anything against it).
The second part could have dealt with Tintin's conference regarding their voyage to the Moon connecting it with the search for extraterrestrials with Professor Calculus in the lead (it would have a pretty interesting story) and deal with the fate of the villains including Rastapopoulos and Allan.
But in all, the original story is pretty smashing too.
Richard1631978
#27 · Posted: 22 May 2018 20:14
Flight 714 had the rescue from the island sketched out before Herge realised it would exceed the page count.
Shivam302001
#28 · Posted: 23 May 2018 08:41
Yes, I know and that is why it would have been nice if their was a second part to this adventure.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!