Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: Hergé's cameos ("The Blond Man")

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

LongLiveRock
#11 · Posted: 2 Apr 2007 22:59
I love spotting Hergé's cameos! It's kind of like Alfred Hitchcock used to do in his movies!
Isabel a marche sur la lune
#12 · Posted: 3 Apr 2007 01:28
Has anyone else noticed that he appears in the books as well? It's somewhat odd that he drew himself into them, I find.

It would seem that he makes more appearances in the movies, as if the animation people took liberties to put him in all over the place (if I am not mistaken) which I think is pretty cool! I was all proud of myself figuring out that it was Hergé! :P

Hergé is a bit of a mysterious character, probably especially to younger people like myself, since he died before I was even born, so it's good how they've kind of brought him back to life in the movies so that he can kind of shine through his artwork.
Amythejater
#13 · Posted: 24 Oct 2008 22:19
The first time I saw the "blond man", I jut thought, "Oh, isn't that Hergé? It must be him!"

Something I think is weird is that in one book/episode (I don't remember which) he helped Tintin up, in Tintin in America he was in the Mafia, and sometimes he's a tourist, so he's playing different roles...
mct16
#14 · Posted: 20 Jul 2009 15:45
When I was a kid and read King Ottokar's Sceptre I always remember being very impressed by a character in one particular scene: Tintin is being led away by guards, Castafiore fainted in a chair and Boris addressing the King, telling him that Tintin is an anarchist/assassin.

The character who struck me most was the one in the green uniform on the left who gives Tintin a harsh stare as he is led away. I suppose it the air of authority he had on him, the glare on his face, the way he stood upright, stiff and commanding that was so appealing.

I now know of course that that character was Hergé himself and from what I've read about him at the time, the pressure of both his professional life and the problems with his creation, it could that there was more to the way he stared at Tintin than meets the eye.
RicardoOlcese
#15 · Posted: 21 Jan 2019 17:11
The Moon story episodes depict Hergé presumable as a (the?) double agent, as he's working both at Baxter's base, and for the bad guys!
See Destination around the 17'40" mark, and Explorers around 18'44".

Moderator Note: Ah - you must have spotted the famous "twins", Hergé and Herdgé! ("Yes... With a 'd' - as in 'handkerchief'...") ;-)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!