Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

More Faithful Screen Adaptations: Would they be possible?

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Jyrki21
#21 · Posted: 15 Sep 2004 00:47
Probably a useful exercise would be to read a Tintin book but really engross yourself in it, taking care to read all the dialogue and take in all of the pictures, as if you were reading it for the first time - and see how long it takes to get from cover to cover. That would give you an indication as to whether the story would need expanding or contracting to fill a two-hour film. I have a hunch that it may take longer to read than you might think - the trick is to try and forget the story as if it were new to you, like the majority of a cinema audience.

Bang on. When I used to read the stories for the first time as a kid, they easily took me at least a movie's length... and, as jockosjungle was getting at, even that doesn't include the movement from place to place, the moments of reflection, etc.

Page  Page 3 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!