· Posted: 3 Jan 2012 11:14 · Edited by: tintinagalog
Hello, Admins and Members, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!! It's quite a very long time since I had not posted anything here on 2008 or 2009!
So, about the changes? No, I think there'll be no King Ottokar's Sceptre on the way because the news of "Boy Reporter Returned the Sceptre" was published already. I still have a hunch that The Calculus Affair will be the carrier title of Tintin II, but some books will be mashed again. In my opinion based on my silly illusions, Tintin II might turn out this way:
Opening: 'silhouetted Calculus' mysteriously working at his dim-lighted lab for his latest inventions, the shark submersible and the ultrasonics which was set before Castafiore's performance.
1. Red Rackham's Treasure, for Calculus to promote his shark submersible to Tintin and Haddock.
2. Then, the trip from Marlinspike to the place where Unicorn sank would be resumed, but they wouldn't find the tons of treasure (CALCULUS: According to my pendulum, we should be heading further west. To the west). That's the final clue left, remember? It is a must to bring this scenario on screen for continuity's sake.
3. On the island, Calculus would find Rascar Capac's bracelet. He might think that bracelet was a loosen piece from the treasure.
4. They (enemies, of course) would kidnap Calculus and brought him to Alfredo Topolino (another antagonist in red suit) at Nyon, Switzerland to surrender the plans of the ultrasonic device used at Castafiore's Concert at Bagghar (as if Topolino witnessed the glass crash there). Remember, Topolino had a connection to Boris, a Bordurian.
5. Colonel Jorgen might appear, too, being one of the Bordurian agents as pre-requisite of the Moon Adventure. Calculus would resist, so the only choice enemies would have to take is to take the professor to Borduria for one of these possibilities: put him to jail and be tortured there, or to force him to work for Borduria.
6. At the Bordurian Embassy, some Incas (instead of Syldavians, because Syldavia is an ally of Tintin, right?) and our heroes Tintin, Haddock and Snowy would join the riot in winning about Calculus. Incas would pull away Calculus and bring the victim to Jauga, Peru.
7. Tintin, Haddock and Snowy would reach Jauga where they could strike two birds with one stone: saving Professor Calculus and retrieving the rest of the treasure as seen on the last page of Prisoners of the Sun.
Again, these are just my opinions only, not spoiler, because I am not connected nor working with them. I still believe Spielberg, Jackson, and the new screenwriter know more how to make Tintin movie better. All we really have to do is... anticipate!