Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Cigars of the Pharaoh: black and white English version release date

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Harrock n roll
#31 · Posted: 10 Nov 2005 21:32
Ed amazon.co.uk is now giving the publication date as March 2006

Crikey, when you consider the release date was originally July 2004 it wouldn't be unfair to say Casterman are dragging their feet a bit over this one.
heruursmith
#32 · Posted: 3 Apr 2006 00:36
Well the 31st of March 2006 has passed without any word of this release I guess...
:(

Kam
SingingGandalf
#33 · Posted: 3 Apr 2006 10:27
Wouldn't it be easier to just buy the french b and w, all of which have been released from at least the 80s.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#34 · Posted: 3 Apr 2006 10:36
SingingGandalf

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy the french b and w, all of which have been released from at least the 80s.

Well yes, a lot of us do have the French facsimiles, but half the fun is seeing the job that Leslie and Michael have done on the translation!

Ed
heruursmith
#35 · Posted: 3 Apr 2006 14:11
Yeah I've got the French version too - but reading it in English is nicer for me as my french isn't too hot really. It stilts my enjoyment of reading the book somewhat. I mean to say - one could say that about any of the Tintin books: "Why translate them into english when you can read the french version?"...

Kam
heruursmith
#36 · Posted: 6 Apr 2006 11:35
I just had a look at the Amazon.com page for this item and it no-longer says "Not yet released". It says "Ships in two to three weeks".

This may just be a computer generated update I suppose (cos the release date has passed). But I was wondering if it perhaps means that this title is available now?

Kam
edcharlesadams
#37 · Posted: 6 Apr 2006 13:33
I just checked amazon.com which now says "usually ships within 3 to 5 weeks". To me this does look like a computer-generated update as you say, and I remember it happening for some earlier (supposed) release dates. The page on amazon.co.uk hasn't changed, and they're usually quickest to update their information.

Ed
Duke Snowy
#38 · Posted: 17 Apr 2006 22:44
Today I telephoned Last Gasp in San Francisco for latest "Cigars of the Pharaoh" release information. The person I spoke to had never heard of "Cigars of the Pharaoh" and was obviously not a Tintin aficionado. Nevertheless, I asked if there were any Tintin titles being released by Last Gasp this year. He checked a release catalog and told me that "Tintin in the Orient 1" and "Tintin in the Orient 2" are scheduled to be released in fall 2006. I did not mention the subtitle "Tintin in the Orient 1" when I initially asked about "Cigars of the Pharaoh". Could it be true?????
edcharlesadams
#39 · Posted: 18 Apr 2006 00:09
Good work there Duke Snowy! What you report suggests that Last Gasp plan (at least) to release the black-and-white versions of both Cigars of the Pharaoh and The Blue Lotus at around the same time. This would make up for the former's very late arrival, as there has been no indication (as yet) that The Blue Lotus was due for release at all!

Amazon should update their listings soon so maybe they'll give a more definite publication date.

Ed
heruursmith
#40 · Posted: 18 Apr 2006 13:16
Thanks for that! I am looking forward very much to these titles also (well I suppose you can tell that from my posts in this thread already).
:)
When is the Fall in the USA?

Sorry to ask that - I live in New Zealand, here it is just Autumn now...

Kamael

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!