Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

The Blue Lotus: black and white English version

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#11 · Posted: 21 Jul 2006 22:41
Their website is http://www.thetintinshop.uk.com - you can order the facsimiles on the "Books and Posters" page, on the drop-down menus next to each book.

Ed
number1fan
#12 · Posted: 22 Jul 2006 15:22
Mission accomplished! I got both of the facsmile editions of The Blue Lotus and Cigars of the Pharaoh, and the shop was so nice, they even put them by for me when I went shopping.
Bring on The Broken Ear facsmile English edition!
heruursmith
#13 · Posted: 23 Jul 2006 00:55
Speaking of The Broken Ear - that is another early Herge Tintin book that looks fantastic in B&W compared to the colour version (like The Blue Lotus does).

Kam
studiox19
#14 · Posted: 24 Jul 2006 10:06
. . not on general release then? . . . . couldn't find it at first on the Tintin Shop website . . . . i'll have another look, maybe order me a copy :-). . . . . .

update
looks like it's only preorder now . . . . . must be out of stock :-(

[edited by moderator to combine two consecutive posts]
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#15 · Posted: 24 Jul 2006 11:37
The Tintin Shop told me they had plenty of copies in stock; Lotus must have flown off the shelves for them to sell out in little over a week!

Hopefully this will encourage the publishers to carry on producing the B/W series.

Ed
george
#16 · Posted: 24 Jul 2006 22:36
I think I picked up the last two copies this afternoon - one of each. The only ones they had left were the ones on the shelf (aside from one shrinkwrapped but stil damaged) so I took those. They mentioned they'd sold out very quickly, so I was pleased to take any versions, 'shop-soiled' or not.

George

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!