Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Welcome to the Forums: Please introduce yourself!

Page  Page 4 of 52:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

tintin_fanatic
#31 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 02:55
Hi everyone! I'm Rebecca, a 13 year who lives in Sydney, Australia! I first read a Tintin book when I was in grade 5 and I recall not being able to understand what the books were going on about until I reread them last year in grade 7. King Ottokar's Sceptre was the first Tintin book that I read back then and now I read the books over and over. The funny thing was that when I was about 10 years old, I enjoyed the books so much that I decided to write a letter to Herge inquiring him if he was planning on writing any more books in the series, little knowing that he was Belgian and had died a long way back!
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#32 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 14:16
Welcome Rebecca! For those of us not familiar with the Australian education system, how old were you in grade 5?

Ed
tintin_fanatic
#33 · Posted: 11 Jul 2004 14:21
Thanks, I was about 9 when I first read King Ottokar's Sceptre turning 10.
kitravs
#34 · Posted: 12 Jul 2004 09:55
Hi, I'm Nikita and I suppose I'm what most people would call a 'newbie' in that I'v only recently become a fan. I've just finished my first year of A Levels, and for my second year of French, I have to produce an essay about anything related to the French language...which is where I stumbled upon Tintin. In my search for any information I could find, I have found myself becoming more and more interested in the actual stories, rather than just the history and interesting facts which is what I'm researching. I only own one book, which my boyfriend brought me back from France a couple of weeks ago: L'ile Noir, along with another book (in French) outlining the plot of all the Tintin books (I think!!).
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#35 · Posted: 13 Jul 2004 17:26
Hi Nikita, welcome! What's the title of the second book you refer to?
I wish I could have written about Tintin for my French A-level... but we had to do Marcel Pagnol instead. I shan't complain because his work is superb.

Ed
massive
#36 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 01:42
Well I sappose I should tell my story now after reading everyone else's. My name is Christopher, I am 33yr. and from Vancouver, Canada. I started reading Tintin at the age of 7 or 8. Over the years I have managed to gather 22 of the albums. I went on to start a comic collection that makes my moving a nightmare. I also worked as a comic store manager so thats partly to blame. These days I work as a brewer for a small microbrewery and in spare time I hike, climb and try to get lost in the mountains.

cheers christopher R:
Jyrki21
#37 · Posted: 14 Jul 2004 04:39
massive wrote: I also worked as a comic store manager so thats partly to blame. These days I work as a brewer for a small microbrewery and in spare time I hike, climb and try to get lost in the mountains.

Which store? Golden Age on Granville? Comic shop on 4th?

And which brewery? Granville Island? :)

-Ian, your curious Vancouverite peer (who's in your city this moment, about to fly to the Philippines).
massive
#38 · Posted: 15 Jul 2004 16:28
Which store? Golden Age on Granville? Comic shop on 4th?

It was years ago but the Tazmainian comic shop in Port moody.

And which brewery? Granville Island? :)
it's a small microbrewery called Storm brewing.
when do you leave ?

christopher R:
Jyrki21
#39 · Posted: 16 Jul 2004 10:40
Ah, PoMo... out of my, er, sphere of influence. :)

when do you leave ?

Already there! And it's the rainy season... makes the Sunshine Coast look like it sounds, by comparison! I got drenched today...

(Note to the Aussies: that's our Sunshine Coast in British Columbia that I mean... I'm sure yours is very sunny). :)
revoda
#40 · Posted: 29 Jul 2004 20:30
Greetings. I'm over 21, actually quite a lot over 21. I bought Tintin for my children and thought they were great. My particular favourite is The Blue Lotus, which I remember being first published back in 1983, and I try and collect this in as many different languages as possible. I have about 22 or 23 so far. I always visit the Tintin shop when in London and recently went to the Tintin at Sea exhibition at teh National Maritime Museum. I also went to the Comic Art Museum in Brussels last year. Obviously, I'm a nutcase.

Best wishes

Tony

Page  Page 4 of 52:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  49  50  51  52  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!