Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Favourite comics

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

cigars of the beeper
#11 · Posted: 25 Aug 2007 21:56
I like a lot of old comics

The Squirrel Cage (This is a very funny yet obscure comic)
Krazy Kat

Barney Google (The original Barney Google, not how it is being written today)

Thimble Theater (This is the comic which is now known as just popeye)

I find that some of the best and funniest comics can be found in treasuries of old comics
cafe_noir
#12 · Posted: 26 Aug 2007 14:05
I'm a big fan of Frank Hampson's Dan Dare from the 50's comic 'The Eagle'.
They are currently being reprinted in book form and published by Titan.
In my opinion, Hampson should have the same kind of fame that Hergé has attained. Unfortunately the rights to his creation were taken away from him by his publishers and he ended his days, a broken man, working for peanuts as a technical illustrator for a local college.
I'm sure one day there will be a Dan Dare film which will make him better known.
In the meantime he is featured in a new BBC TV series about British comics:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/gallery/comicsbritannia/6
titanomega
#13 · Posted: 27 Aug 2007 12:14
I don't like superhero comics because there are too many characters with intertwining plotlines and those too are pretty much cliched.
rackhammerah
#14 · Posted: 27 Aug 2007 12:52
Here are my favorite comics from the 80s. Too bad most of them are no longer sold or reprinted in my country (Indonesia):

- Tintin
- Asterix
- Lucky Luke
- Quick and Flupke
- Jo, Zette, and Jocko
- Michel Vaillant
- Johan and Pirlouit
- Smurf
- Rick Hochet
- 4AS
- L'Agent 212
Kent
#15 · Posted: 10 Oct 2007 20:31
Favorite Comics
-The Dark Knight Returns, The Dark Knight Strikes Back and Sin City By Frank Miller.
-Tin tin
-Bone by Jeff Smith
-Welcome Home Frank (Punisher)
-Peanuts
-Asterix
-Menneskesønnen (The Son of Man, Danish) by Peter Madsen
I really like a good painting job, and Peter Madsen, Hergé and Lynn Varley, really know how to make me happy. If it is a matter of black and white I will turn to Frank Miller and Jeff Smith. Peanuts and Asterix is pure entertainment, but it makes me laugh for hours (or at least 15 sec.)

-Kent
shankaro
#16 · Posted: 12 Oct 2007 02:02
For what it is worth, my list :-
1. Tintin
2. Quick & Flupke
3. Jo,Zette & Jocko
4. Asterix
5. Iznogoud
6. Ompa-pa
7.Lucky luke
8. Blueberry by Moebius
9. Corto Maltese by Hugo Pratt
10.Leonardo & 11. Clifton both by De Groot
12. Alix by J Martin
13. Blake & Mortimer - E Jacobs
14. Willy Vandersteen -Spike & Suzy.
15. American super hero stuff/Archies/ gold key comics/Indiana Jones ...Stan lee stuff!
16. Commandos
17. Dick Tracy
18. Calvin & Hobbes/ Hagar/ Dennis/ Baby blues
19. Last but not the least ..all the works of Carl Barks - the 'duckman'
Guess this makes me a 'comical' person!
Shivam302001
#17 · Posted: 8 Jul 2018 20:00
I really like Jo, Zette and Jocko because the storyline runs in much the same way as Tintin's adventures. Besides I also like Quick and Flupke. Apart from these, I really like the Doraemon manga series by Fujito K. Fujio. As a child, I also liked the monthly comic magazine Tinkle Digest and adored Bantul The Great (in Bengali). The comic adaptation of the great Bengali detective Feluda originally written in prose form by Satyajit Ray is also worth a mention.
snowybella
#18 · Posted: 9 Jul 2018 02:15
Since they would be in a jumbled order, I'll put them from the order which I read most -

1. Anything by Herge, especially Tintin
2. Asterix (obviously, juding by the thread)
3. Moomin

and finally, 4. Marney the Fox (it should be higher up, but I read the others more)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!