Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Catch that quote!

Page  Page 4 of 27:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26  27  Next » 

cigars of the beeper
#31 · Posted: 26 Sep 2008 23:59
Good Job Balthie (if I may call you that) ;-)

I guess that the next quote falls to you!
Balthazar
#32 · Posted: 28 Sep 2008 17:14
Sorry for the hiatus. Here's the next quote:

"Yes, sir. At once, sir. Don't be angry, sir..."

P.S: You may call me whatever you like, Cigars! (Or should that be Cigarie?) :-)
cigars of the beeper
#33 · Posted: 28 Sep 2008 17:46
Well, I can't find it word for word, but Captain Haddock says things that are almost just like that at a couple of points in Flight 714 to Mik Kanrokitoff. "...I...I'm not to make so much noise?..N-n-no, sir." (Page 44) and "I... Yes, sir.., No, sir... I won't speak again..." (Page 45). I'll keep looking!
Balthazar
#34 · Posted: 28 Sep 2008 20:52
Trust me - it is a word for word quote, so yes, you do need to keep looking (or guessing) elsewhere.
tuhatkauno
#35 · Posted: 29 Sep 2008 06:38
Good morning Mr. Balthazar

Yes sir, this basket case (not me but the guy in the quote) really can boogie. He doesn't listen to Satan's servants but when God speaks he is all ears and very obedient to His words. And now he is to go back where he has escaped from - round the bent. He is Filippulus in Finnish edition and the album in which he preaches is Shooting Star.
cigars of the beeper
#36 · Posted: 29 Sep 2008 17:25
Oh! of Course! Filippulus! How could I forget him?
Balthazar
#37 · Posted: 29 Sep 2008 22:51
You got it, Tuhatkauno. It is indeed the "prophet" Philippus/Filippus responding to what he believes is a heavenly instruction to come down from the top of the mast.

Your turn.
tintinagalog
#38 · Posted: 30 Sep 2008 12:46
It's Philippulus the 'prophet', my friend. And I wonder where on earth did Herge got that name. On the far east? Sounds like my country, eh? hehehe... but that's okay. Some people here drive me crazy anyway.
tuhatkauno
#39 · Posted: 30 Sep 2008 14:09
Thank you Mr. Balthazar

I checked what really happened in English edition. Yes the nutcase is Philippulus and his guardian angel spoke to him unlike in Finnish album in which God Himself was on air. And now for something completely different:

"PFOUAGH!"

That quote is an essential part of the plot. Good luck!

EDIT:

If not "an essential part of the plot" the quote has much to do with the story. It is not a separate interjection, that's what I mean.
cigars of the beeper
#40 · Posted: 1 Oct 2008 20:47
tuhatkauno

Page one of Picaros, if you please. The first time Captain Haddock ever disliked the taste of whiskey.

Page  Page 4 of 27:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  24  25  26  27  Next »