Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Spirou et Fantasio

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

SmartTintin
#31 · Posted: 28 Aug 2008 14:13
Thanks again George! I did believe when you said that it never came out. Now this one is straight from the Horse's mouth, so that certainly settles it...
george
#32 · Posted: 19 Dec 2008 12:04
There's further confirmation here including, most interestingly, three pages of the English language translated text that's still sitting on the translator's PC.
Triskeliae
#33 · Posted: 20 Dec 2008 00:15
I'm back! It's been a while! I got Spirou #50, but I must say that the ending of this one (called, "Aux Sources du Z") has been a total insult...especially to Franquin's stories!

It is about time travel. Spirou revisits scenes of his past (from Franquin's episodes). All goes well...but in the end, all Spirou's past gets nullified. It's too painful to explain right now, but I promise I will tell about it soon.
tintinraider
#34 · Posted: 21 Dec 2008 12:27
i agree with you !
quite strange this ending.... they could have turned it a different way.... i hope they 'll repair this mystake in the next album... Anyway, i don't really like the last spirou & fantasio...
the best is the FRanquin albums (1 to 19 and 24) and some Tome & Janry (33 to 42)....
Triskeliae
#35 · Posted: 21 Dec 2008 15:21
There's a way to fix it. Fantasio still has his portable time machine.
The one he threw against the floor was Spirou's.
george
#36 · Posted: 1 Feb 2009 10:00
For some reason this press release isn't on the Cinebook site, but it looks like they've signed up to publish Spirou & Fantasio in English:

Olivier Cadic, editor and creator of the publishing house based in Canterbury, England and in Northern California, has announced that it will further develop the Cinebook catalogue in 2009 with the addition of eight new series: “Billy and Buddy,” “Buck Danny,” “The Chimpanzee Complex,” “Insiders,” “The Bellybuttons,” “Orbital,” “Pandora’s Box” and “Spirou & Fantasio.”

"Billy and Buddy" is 50 years old this year; I've never heard of “The Chimpanzee Complex” or “Insiders”.

George
george
#37 · Posted: 18 Mar 2009 10:44
george:
“Spirou & Fantasio.”

In the first instance the Spirou that they're publishing will be an early Tome & Janry volume - Aventure en Australie (as Adventure Down Under) this October. I'm still hoping for a Franquin one at some stage, but there are a lot of other albums out there for them to pick from.
george
#38 · Posted: 7 Nov 2009 14:05
george:
I'm still hoping for a Franquin one at some stage

... but I'm going to have to wait until at least 2011 by the looks of things. In the back of the just-published Cinebook translation of Aventure en Australie is an advertisment for the next volume: Spirou in New York. It is scheduled for October 2010 (also known as 'coming soon' in Cinebook-speak!)

George
mct16
#39 · Posted: 16 Nov 2009 19:07
Triskeliae:
I got Spirou #50, but I must say that the ending of this one (called, "Aux Sources du Z") has been a total insult...especially to Franquin's stories!

It is about time travel. Spirou revisits scenes of his past (from Franquin's episodes). All goes well...but in the end, all Spirou's past gets nullified.

I agree with the verdict. I hate that sort of thing. It's just a cheap way of updating the characters and explaining how they can maintain their youthful good looks when they ought to be octogenarians.

Marvel and DC do it all the time and that has put me off. If they kill off a popular character and then receive requests to have him back then it's simple: get some powerful being to cause a rift in the matrix of space and time and all is well.

I always hoped that European comics would not go that way but I suppose that it was too much to hope for.

I think that it was a blessing that Herge blocked any further stories. Can you image on in which Calculus makes a time machine? Doesn't bear thinking.
george
#40 · Posted: 27 Nov 2010 11:19
george:
but I'm going to have to wait until at least 2011 by the looks of things.

Make that "at least 2012" because Spirou in New York tells us the names of the next two books, neither of which are by Franquin. Having said that, I'm actually quite enjoying the Tome & Janry volumes that have been put out so far. I'm not familiar enough with classic Spirou to know if they're capturing the essence of the characters, but whatever that comparison might be I think they're doing well enough to be considered in their own right.

George

Page  Page 4 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!