Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Tintin and the Picaros: In defence of Tintin's trousers

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Ranko
#31 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 16:03
jock123
Brylcreem (a little dab’ll do ya!)!

Mark Falconer certainly took that advice. Look at the shine on his head!

And don't worry about the age thing jock. We had lovely orange anti-macassars on our armchairs at home in the early 70's. Remember the matching cloths that sat on the arms? :-)
Balthazar
#32 · Posted: 20 Apr 2007 16:43
I remember Auntie MacAssars too. She was an elderly scottish lady who'd come down from Inverness to visit us.

I'd always wondered why she sat on the backs of our armchairs like that.
Isabel a marche sur la lune
#33 · Posted: 22 Apr 2007 07:03
Imagine if someone brought plus-fours back into style!!
tintinspartan
#34 · Posted: 29 Apr 2007 21:18
Well, if I were hired by Moulinsart to make a Tintin comic, I would bring his plus fours back.
laloga
#35 · Posted: 1 Apr 2009 19:25
Ok, here's my "ideal" updated, 2009 look for Tintin:

Skinny, brown cords, (I'm not a fan of the look, but he can totally pull it off!), with a white collared, button-up shirt underneath a light-blue vest.

I would also accept a short sleeve, yellow button-up shirt, with his loafers or, if he was feeling wild, Converse all stars, (brown, of course!)

I never noticed the sideburns, and I always thought that his hair just naturally "quiffed" up on its own! Can you picture Tintin in the jungle, slathering on hair-gel just to get the perfect "look," a la George Clooney in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
NikkiRoux
#36 · Posted: 3 Apr 2009 06:20
Are his jeans really bell-bottoms? They look quite normal too me, sometimes even a bit skinny.
Revercub24
#37 · Posted: 10 Apr 2009 15:24
I do like Tintin's trousers but seeing him run around in them makes me wince. He must be boiling! Plus, it's not exactly easy to run around in jeans.

That said, he does look a bit older in them. :)
dreamdust
#38 · Posted: 11 Apr 2009 00:45
Revercub24:
That said, he does look a bit older in them. :)

I noticed that too! And when looking at images from the whole series in chronological order...he grows taller as well!
catintinut
#39 · Posted: 11 Dec 2009 15:57
I found a picture of JFK wearing plus fours at boarding school when he was young. I TOTALLY like them better than the jeans.
doubleT
#40 · Posted: 11 Dec 2009 18:31
At least it's easier to draw Tintin in jeans then plus fours. =)

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!