Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Question time

Page  Page 4 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#31 · Posted: 5 Jun 2009 19:50
Tomorrow morning I'll leave for "the Land of Soviets", that's why I have to give some hints now:

In this hilarious event the eyes didn't lie this time and the boot hit the target. Fortunately Willys was waiting near enough. Snowy was not watching but as I said he could have said "This is it! ... Sensational kick 'n' run".
Balthazar
#32 · Posted: 5 Jun 2009 23:35
Aha. When pondering this question before, the only kicking and running scene I could think of was the scene in Black Gold when one of the Thom[p]sons kicks a praying and kneeling Arab in the backside to prove that he's a mirage, only to find that he's entirely real (and angry!). But your Snowy reference confused me into assuming that the answer had to be a scene involving Snowy (and therefore Tintin). My fault for not reading the question properly, I'm sure! (You were quite right regarding your previous question that "doesn't wear a hat" means something different from "never wears a hat".)

Anyway, now that you've clarified that Snowy doesn't actually witness the scene, I'm pretty sure that this must be it, especially with that helpful Willy's Jeep hint you've also given.

That's put me in the mood for reading that book now. I shall do so when I go to bed.
tuhatkauno
#33 · Posted: 6 Jun 2009 05:14
Balthazar

Good morning

That's it. I put Snowy's imaginary reply into question to refer to Thompsons. In the Albums are many kicks but one "sensational kick 'n' run". "Sensational appearence" must be a familiar line to every tintinologist.

It is your turn to think and my turn to drive to Kropow, idest Wyborg (Russia) of course. There is a castle and one of its towers is seen in King Ottokar's Sceptre pg. 30 3 rd frame. It is the tower right between those two birches. I could take some photos of it.
tuhatkauno
#34 · Posted: 7 Jun 2009 20:17
Back from the USSR

Well I took the photo of the tower of Kropow castle. You can estimate yourself if it is "the" tower. And what else did I see there, is he Kurvi-Tasch or who?

http://www.fotopankki.fi/etsi/Tag/kropow

Mr Balthazar, are you going to ask a question? :-)
Balthazar
#35 · Posted: 8 Jun 2009 16:15
Thanks for the interesting pics, Tuhatkauno. Sorry for the hiatus with the next question. I wasn't at my computer much over the weekend. Anyway, here it is:

Where is the TIT building?
Balthazar
#36 · Posted: 11 Jun 2009 00:40
Time for a clue or two.

The TIT building is seen in the distance, visible from Tintin and Haddock's high, regal position - a floaty position, you might say. The Thom[p]sons probably can't see it from where they're standing (although they've been determinedly keeping their eyes open).
NikkiRoux
#37 · Posted: 11 Jun 2009 10:43
It's in San Theodoros, in the big panel with Tintin and Captain Haddock in the float, at the wall where the Thom(p)sons wereabout to get shot.
Balthazar
#38 · Posted: 11 Jun 2009 16:16
Yep, you've got it, NikkiRoux. Well done!

I don't know what the big TIT on the building's roof stands for. Maybe it's just a randomly made up acronym, maybe it's a real corporation, or maybe it's a fictional acronym that meant something to Hergé.

Anyway, your turn.
NikkiRoux
#39 · Posted: 12 Jun 2009 09:09
Right... What's
Red, blue, purple, yellow, green, and orange in a diagonal pattern,
then
yellow, blue, and red in wavy vertical pattern,
then
yellow, red, and blue in a wavy horizontal pattern
on the same page?
NikkiRoux
#40 · Posted: 14 Jun 2009 05:15
Okay, some clues:
The colours are quite gaudy and it's an eyesore for everyone looking at it.
Except maybe Professor Calculus.
It was much better in monochrome, and nobody really had to look at it.
They could just listen.

Page  Page 4 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »