Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: Queries about DVD & VHS versions?

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

number1fan
#51 · Posted: 27 Aug 2011 13:00
Ok so I just had a quick look at Belvision version of The Black Island. Hmm… Captain Haddock’s Irish-Boston accent!

I need the BBC Dubbed version I think.
Rocky
#52 · Posted: 6 Dec 2011 11:41
As a result of some new information here is an update to my episode list from page 2 of this thread:

2. The Crab with the Golden Claws
17 episodes

1. Suspicions
2. Mystery at Sea
3. Mutiny on the Karaboudjan
4. Escape
5. Adrift at Sea
6. Air Attack
7. Crack-Up
8. Thirst
9. Raiders in the Desert
10. Prisoners
11. Desert Dilemma
12. Danger
13. Mystery in Morocco
14. Removal
15. Mystery Underground
16. Dynamite
17. Homeward Bound
goldenfleece
#53 · Posted: 7 Dec 2011 21:19
Rocky:
2. The Crab with the Golden Claws
17 episodes

1. Suspicions
2. Mystery at Sea
3. Mutiny on the Karaboudjan
4. Escape
5. Adrift at Sea
6. Air Attack
7. Crack-Up
8. Thirst
9. Raiders in the Desert
10. Prisoners
11. Desert Dilemma
12. Danger
13. Mystery in Morocco
14. Removal
15. Mystery Underground
16. Dynamite
17. Homeward Bound

According to my audio recordings of the 1973 BBC screenings of this series, the titles on screen as as announced by the narrator are correct except:
6 ATTACK FROM THE AIR
12 DUEL IN THE DESERT
16 RETURN OF THE KARABOUDJAN
14 BLIND ALLEY
Rocky
#54 · Posted: 7 Dec 2011 22:04
Excellent! Thanks for that, Goldenfleece. Perhaps you could look at the rest of the titles (page 2 of this thread) and advise of any corrections, please.
goldenfleece
#55 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 12:31
Rocky:
Excellent! Thanks for that, Goldenfleece. Perhaps you could look at the rest of the titles (page 2 of this thread) and advise of any corrections, please.

The only ones I can spot are episode of Unicorn is KIDNAPPED as opposed to kidnap, BLACK ISLAND, not sure of the episode numbers but ones I have from CH4 screenings have the US narrator announcing the titles TRAPPED is one but not sure which episode, and MADMAN is the title of another, but am missing some of the Black Island off airs so can only confirm exactly 7)MURDEROUS MULLER, 8) INFERNO 9) THE GHOST OF BLACK ISLAND 10) FRIGHT IN THE NIGHT, 12) BATTLE OF BLACK ISLAND...
Rocky
#56 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 14:29
So the corrected English titles we have for the The Black Island are:

5. Madman
6. Trapped
7. Murderous Müller
8. Inferno
9. The Ghost of Black Island
10. Fright in the Night
12. Battle of Black Island
goldenfleece
#57 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 14:53
[quote=Rocky]So the corrected English titles we have for the The Black Island are:

According to my off-air recordings yes, but am missing the first few episodes so cannot be sure about them.....I have found sometimes the actual titles announced by the narrator can vary enormously from the literal meaning of the French on screen titles......probably for some dramatic effect or to fit the American market at the time I imagine.....

also some of the cliff hanger narration can be very over dramatic, ie at the end of one of the Black Islands, when a dark shadow moves in on Tintin and Snowy when they 1st land of the island and explore the castle, the narration shouts " What is this THING on Black Island", when you dont actually get to see the gorilla beast until the next episode. Fascinating stuff......
Rocky
#58 · Posted: 8 Dec 2011 15:46
This is precisely why they work better as episodes with cliffhangers than as compilations.
belvisionfan
#59 · Posted: 17 Jun 2016 18:15
That's good info, Sgt Halibut! I believe that there were 2 other older seasons broadcast in black and white, based on Broken Ear and King Ottokar's Sceptre? From what I gather it was only in French...

Moderator note: You need to read the thread right through - the black-and-white serials, and the voice cast for their English-language dubbing are discussed in at least a couple of posts. To be fair to the other contributors, it should be noted that while the Sergeant asked the original questions, several others provided "the info"...! :-)
The Tintinologist Team
Doveboy
#60 · Posted: 12 Oct 2016 16:29
I have many official ex-BBC film prints of the original Tintin episodes, purchased from the BBC, who were actually in the process throwing them out after their last screening in 1984, as the repeat rights had expired.

These are the official prints, purchased by the BBC in the 1960s, with English titles (not the French ones) and with the American voice soundtrack as broadcast by BBC up until 1984.

I purchased three complete Belvision serials from the BBC film sales office in 1984, but the other series - Objective: Moon, The Calculus Case and The Black Island - had already been destroyed by the BBC.

(Please see my "Wanted" advert if you have any episodes for sale)

Page  Page 6 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!