Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Alph-Art: The Yves Rodier version?

Page  Page 5 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

number1fan
#41 · Posted: 29 Aug 2011 22:11
I have just seen this on a website going for $899.00. Personally I don't think it should be allowed to go for that much.I hope it gets taken down.
snowy_1001
#42 · Posted: 30 Aug 2011 10:36
number1fan
$899 ????????
You are right it certainly is not worth that much, given the art quality of the book and the way the story line goes after Herge's story stops. I know the book was completed with good intentions and as a tribute to him, but still, the whole book just cries out for Herge's magical touch which brought Tintin to life in every book..
The book can be bought and read by fans out of curiosity, but it certainly isn't worth such a whopping amount....
number1fan
#43 · Posted: 30 Aug 2011 17:53
Cant see why anyone would want to pay that much for something that is not Herge and is a rip off.Though if it was listed somewhere for maybe £10 I would take a look.But $899 that's a huge amount to spend on a fake item.
jock123
#44 · Posted: 30 Aug 2011 20:21
number1fan:
Though if it was listed somewhere for maybe £10 I would take a look.But $899 that's a huge amount to spend on a fake item.

I’m not certain I follow the argument - it’s just that item is too expensive for you that is the problem? Not that it’s illegal anyway, that it’s against Hergé’s wishes, and that even allowing for that that Rodier doesn’t get anything, regardless if it’s ten pence, ten pounds or ten thousand pounds?

Surely if someone is going to profiteer in this way, the price is immaterial…? I don’t approve of the sale in principle, but I can’t see that a lower price would make it any better.

This is a rip-off however you cut it, whatever price is being asked.
number1fan
#45 · Posted: 30 Aug 2011 22:08
jock123:
I’m not certain I follow the argument - it’s just that item is too expensive for you that is the problem?

Not at all as I have no wish to purchase it really what ever the price.It is not Herges wish My Argument is how can the seller sell at such a high price as well how does it get listed and how come it has not been taken down?.
mct16
#46 · Posted: 30 Aug 2011 22:45
number1fan:
ow can the seller sell at such a high price

He either noticed that there were very few copies on the Internet (I've often noticed how some rare books and DVDs get highly priced) and/or thought: "There must be a mug out there with more money than brains who'll think that this is a genuine Tintin book and will buy it."
Tintinrulz
#47 · Posted: 31 Aug 2011 02:49
Rare indeed. He probably just prints off another copy when he needs to make some big money.
number1fan
#48 · Posted: 31 Aug 2011 07:12
Tintinrulz:
Rare indeed. He probably just prints off another copy when he needs to make some big money.

Good Post lol.
advnarayan
#49 · Posted: 2 Sep 2011 14:35
$899 or 10 cents it doesn't matter - a rip off is a rip off. But seriously, will anyone pay that much for the same - when this edition is easily available for download????
number1fan
#50 · Posted: 2 Sep 2011 20:45
advnarayan:
when this edition is easily available for download????

Should the suggestion that it can be downloaded be allowed here?

Page  Page 5 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!