Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Who has the biggest Tintin collection?

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

dupont804
#21 · Posted: 19 Apr 2013 21:58
Hello, how many books do you own to do with Tintin?

This includes albums, books about him and the movie etc.

I possess 42! They sit proudly on the centre of my bookshelf, everyone who comes in my room compliments my obsession! I've read every single one at least three times.

Moderator Note: As this question is touched on in this thread about collections in general, your post has been moved here.

The Tintinologist Team
Abdullah007
#22 · Posted: 28 May 2013 14:32
I've got the entire series in both French and English, including the Alph-Art book. Plus the black and white edition of Tintin au Congo. Then, aside from one or two Jo & Jocko books, the following:

Jean-Marie Apostolides, The Metamorphoses of Tintin
Tom McCarthy, Tintin and the Secret of Literature
Michael Farr, Tintin: The Complete Companion
Harry Thompson, Tintin: Hergé and His Creation
A little book from the Hergé Museum called Hergé in His Own Words
Aside from the books:
Also 3 little figurines (Tintin and the Thom(p)sons), and Castafiore's car which my cousin got for my 21st birthday!
Program-thing from the Dutch Tintin musical years and years back, "Kuifje en de Zonnetempel". What a great show it was!
Gayboy
#23 · Posted: 4 Jun 2013 19:11
I only have 7 books. I bought one the day before yesterday which was a hard one to find - Tintin in the Congo, in color (English).

I saw the figurines which were absolutely great... but I just can't justify spending a minimum of 30€ just for a figure when I could go to Starbucks and buy about close to ten caramel frappucinos.

Sorry, if it comes between Tintin and a caramel frappucino, I'm afraid the frap is going to win.

Doesn't mean though if I became a millionaire that I wouldn't dedicate a room for all my figurines and books.
dupont804
#24 · Posted: 23 Jun 2013 19:29
I have calculated the cost all of my Tintin books and related items, including posters, miscellaneous books etc. And the total amounts to over £900 in just two years of collecting! Admittedly, I have been a fan my whole life but I merely had only the books until a short while ago. Then, I recollected all the books in different formats and it all followed from there!
Megustavida
#25 · Posted: 8 Aug 2013 05:01
I have Cigars of the Pharaoh (With a lot of pages torn out *ashamed*), Blue Lotus (Scribbled on), Tibet (Badly scribbled on, stupid me), Broken Ear, Picaros (Stolen from a cousin's friend, but still in readable condition), Red Sea Sharks (Scribbled on), Flight 714, Alph-Art, Soviets and a book called Tintin and Snowy: Album 1. I borrowed Complete Companion from the library near my house recently. I also have Harry Thompson's Herge: Tintin and His Creation on my iPhone. I also have a scrapbook containing old chocolate wrappers that had inaccurately drawn panels from Tintin books on them.
snowybella
#26 · Posted: 4 Mar 2017 13:15
I have Soviets, including the new English editon of Congo, to Picaros.
Calculus on motor roller skates.
Snowy from Crab with the Golden Claws having a bone in his mouth.
"Herge and the Treasures of Tintin" by Dominique Maricq.
"Tintin - Herge's Masterpeice" by Pierre Sterckx.
Mr. Pump's Legacy.
Destination New York (had the French one only until last year's visit to the Tintin Shop).
Valley of the Cobras.
Le Manitoba Ne Repond Plus.
Badge with a picture of Snowy jumping into Haddock from Secret of the Unicorn.
Badge of Tintin using the rope and planks to climb up from Crab with the Golden Claws.
Badge of Tintin in the shark submarine in Red Rackham's Treasure.
Badge of Tintin and Haddock standing in front of the lifeboat from Red Rackham's Treasure.
Lost a badge of Tintin piloting the crashing plane in Crab with the Golden Claws.
Lost a black Tintin shopping bag.
Tintin playing cards, with a picture of Calculus crashing into Captain Haddock from Seven Crystal Balls.
Tintin & Snowy Big Activity Book.
Grey Snowy t-shirt.
Dark blue t-shirt of Captain Haddock in front of the waterfall from Prisoners of the Sun.
Poster of Castafiore Emerald.
Poster of Tintin dropping a pile of his adventures and Snowy running away (from the Treasures of Tintin book, does it count?)
Postcard of Seven Crystal Balls and Shooting Star.

Total that's still with me is about is 43. I think that's it.
satjit_sethi
#27 · Posted: 2 Jul 2017 11:51
Here's what I have, as part of my reading collection:

* All paperback titles (0.6 x 21.6 x 28.6 cm)
* Compact title set (15 x 14 x 21.4 cm)
* Tintin in the Land of the Soviets
* Tintin in the Congo
* Tintin and the Lake of Sharks
* Tintin and Alph-Art
* Tintin - The Pocket Essential by Jean-Marc Lofficier & Randy Lofficier
* Tintin - Herge & His Creation by Harry Thompson
* The Metamorphoses of Tintin by Jean - Marie Apostolides
* Tintin and the Secret of Literature by Tom McCarthy
* Herge - The Man Who Created Tintin by Pierre Assouline
* Herge, Son of Tintin by Benoit Peeters
* Tintin - The Art of Herge by Michel Daubert
* Tintin (Tintin Character) by Michael Farr
* Snowy (Tintin Character) by Michael Farr
* Haddock (Tintin Characters) by Michael Farr
* Calculus (Tintin Characters) by Michael Farr
* Madame Castafiore (Tintin Character) by Michael Farr
* Thomson and Thompson (Tintin Character) by Michael Farr
* The Adventures of Herge by Jose-Louis Bocquet, Jean-Luc Fromental & Barthélémy Stanislas
* Tintin And The World of Herge by Benoit Peeters
* The Adventures of Tintin at Sea by Michael Farr
* Tintin & Co. by Michael Farr
* Tintin - The Complete Companion by Michael Farr
* Tintin And The World of Herge (An Illustrated History) by Benoit Peeters
* Tintin - Herge's Masterpiece by Pierre Sterckx
* The Art of Herge (Volume 1) by Philippe Goddin
* The Art of Herge (Volume 2) by Philippe Goddin
* The Art of Herge (Volume 3) by Philippe Goddin
* The Adventures of Herge - Creator of Tintin by Michael Farr
* Herge and the Treasures of Tintin by Dominique Maricq

Peace to all!
Cedric
#28 · Posted: 19 Jul 2017 02:49
I have all the Tintin and Spirou albums, as well as merchandise from the two reporters.
FormulaFourteen
#29 · Posted: 24 Jul 2017 07:12
satjit_sethi
Very nice... Impressed you've got all 3 volumes of The Art of Herge! I've been wanting to get those for years now... Stumbles across one once in a bookstore and was this close to buying it... Are you pretty happy with them?
satjit_sethi
#30 · Posted: 27 Jul 2017 12:35
FormulaFourteen
Yes. They are quite detailed with information & the covers are incredibly attractive, as well :)

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!