Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Tintin in Scots & Gaelic

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 4 Sep 2013 21:26
Harrock n roll:
It's a wee bit streenge tae see th' sassenach polis an' Dr Müller speaking in Scots, but it's stoatin an' guid fin!

"We're not all Rob Roys, Mr. Hancock...!"
mct16
#12 · Posted: 8 Sep 2013 15:49
jock123
#13 · Posted: 7 Oct 2014 23:30
The second volume in Scots Gaelic is now available - Toit nam Phàro brings Cigars of the Pharaoh to the series.

It can be seen and ordered here.
tintinsgf
#14 · Posted: 15 Jun 2015 10:32
jock123:
"We're not all Rob Roys, Mr. Hancock...!"

The old Scotsmen in the pub is already speaking Scots, and now everybody is speaking Scots! The more the merrier eh? Hahaha :D
Ranko
#15 · Posted: 3 Jul 2015 17:39
I now have my very own copy of 'The Derk Isle'
I'm holidaying in Scotland at the moment and while my wife was browsing in a small gift shop in Fort Augustus I saw three copies on display by the counter.

Well, I just had to didn't I? :-)

I'm now sitting on the shore of Loch Ness trying to effect a broad Scots accent whilst reading it. Her laughter means that it's not going very well!

I'm not sure about Snowy becoming 'Tarrie' though...

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!