Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin Magazine: General information about "Tintin" magazine

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Shivam302001
#11 · Posted: 3 Jun 2018 20:10
In the Tintin magazine, some special articles regarding Captain Haddock and the pilot from the Shooting Star were published alternately. Does anyone know what they were about?
jock123
#12 · Posted: 3 Jun 2018 23:01
Shivam302001:
special articles regarding Captain Haddock and the pilot from the Shooting Star were published alternately

They weren't regarding the Captain and Major Wngs (the pilot), but rather supposedly written by them (in the same manner in which Tintin was supposedly editing the letters page, and acting as a journalist for the weekly).

The magazine had a large number of features and informative articles, in addition to the comic strips; the Captain's articles were about the history of ships and boats, and the Major's dealt with aircraft and the story of flight.
Rhods1989
#13 · Posted: 2 Jan 2022 11:04
Happy 2022 everyone! I'm interested in picking up a few copies of Le Journal Tintin but unsure where the best place to start looking for some copies? I've seen a few circling on eBay so is that the place to go? Quite keen to pick up some of the earlier copies that Herge drew but aware these will fetch a higher price!

Also, I know La grande aventure du Journal Tintin was published back in 2016, which looks a comprehensive overview of the magazine, to say the least. Do we know if this will ever be published in English? Thank you in advance!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!