Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: UK screenings of Tintin episodes (1972 to 1991)

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

belvisionfan
#11 · Posted: 19 Jan 2017 04:31
As far as music goes, I wish I knew, goldenfleece, but alas... All I know is that the soundtrack of Objective Moon was from a 1950 film called Destination Moon. That's all I know on the subject.
snowybella
#12 · Posted: 13 Mar 2019 00:14
goldenfleece:
the classical music used as incidental music for the Belvision Tintin series?

If there are still any Belvision fans around with all the tapes, can somebody help me find the specific episodes and times, please? I know quite a bit about classical music, so I'm curious about this.

For future reference -

jock123:
the B&W semi-animated Belvision serials the BBC showed in the fifties

I know that there are at least two of these:

Broken Ear (produced: 1957)

King Ottokar's Sceptre (produced: unknown; broadcast on BBC: 1959)

As you wrote, I think that Mr. Campion did voice Tintin - unfortunately, I only know one source to back this up, so we can't know for sure.

jock123:
off-air recordings of these

Fortunately for the Belvision fanatics (like you, and me!), at least a tape or two of Broken Ear has made it into the new milennium, and possibly all of King Ottokar's Sceptre!

Rocky:
narrated by Jean Nohain

Jean Nohain also narrated the French version of Broken Ear - his name is included in the credits.

For more information about these, check my post here and here.

Moderator Note: This is very industrious of you, snowybella, but take care not to cross-post, as it can be hard to follow if very similar information is being posted in more than one thread at a time!
Let's keep all the current activity on a subject in one place!
The Tidy Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!